Dan's Prop Shop

rsimms

Was going to pull my prop yesterday just to check and be sure I had no line wrapped (That cost me a seal last year). However, my castle nut (that holds prop on shaft) was cinched down so tight I couldn't get it broken free. Then, in the process of trying to break it free (without the proper tool emoBang), I broke a tab off the nut. I have to be on the water today. I would have been bad nervous going out on the river with a busted nut. emoBigsmile

I tried another (unnamed) boat repair place just down the street from me on Bonny Oaks. If he had castle nuts, he couldn't find them. emoRolleyes

Long drive for me, but off to Dan's I go. He had what I needed AND the tool to get mine off... and did it for me. It's the second time Dan has pulled me out of a jam. If it involves a prop, Dan's Prop Shop will always be my "go to" spot from now on.

BTW, I did NOT have any line wrapped. Good to know. emoThumbsup

Attachments

• prop.jpg
    prop.jpg
    81.1 KB · Views: 428

djsmarinelectronics

Turned a hub, or destroyed a hub I should say. Took it apart and took it to Dan on Monday, he had everything I needed and he did his thing on the prop and had me ready to go Tuesday. Great, fast, friendly service. Dan can't be beat in my book.

Carl

I have gotten the same great service from Dan's as well, and the same service you described from the unnamed shop on Bonny Oaks.

silvertalon

rsimms - 3/23/2016 7:21 AM

Was going to pull my prop yesterday just to check and be sure I had no line wrapped (That cost me a seal last year). However, my castle nut (that holds prop on shaft) was cinched down so tight I couldn't get it broken free. Then, in the process of trying to break it free (without the proper tool emoBang), I broke a tab off the nut. I have to be on the water today. I would have been bad nervous going out on the river with a busted nut. emoBigsmile

I tried another (unnamed) boat repair place just down the street from me on Bonny Oaks. If he had castle nuts, he couldn't find them. emoRolleyes

Long drive for me, but off to Dan's I go. He had what I needed AND the tool to get mine off... and did it for me. It's the second time Dan has pulled me out of a jam. If it involves a prop, Dan's Prop Shop will always be my "go to" spot from now on.

BTW, I did NOT have any line wrapped. Good to know. emoThumbsup

Next time, pull out the cotter pin first. The nut will come right off!