"Thanks" Swafford Trolling Motor Repair!

rsimms

I have to give a big shout-out and "emoThumbsup emoThumbsup" to Swafford Trolling Motor Repair in Lenoir City. http://www.swaffordtrollingmotor.com/

After well over a thousand hours of use (maybe a lot more, I don't know), I've been listening to the steering housing going bad on my Minn Kota Terrova for a while. I've been so busy fishing that I've neglected to do anything about it... and then last week, it REALLY started sounding bad. I knew the end was coming, and I STILL have lots of fishing trips on the books.

I was sort of in a panic when I started calling the three authorized Minn Kota Service places within a 150 mile radius on Saturday night. Of course all were understandably closed, so I left a somewhat panicky voicemail. Rick Swafford called me back within 15 minutes of my Saturday night voicemail. He said he had the steering housing in stock and if I got there Monday AM, he could get me going. I was there at 9:30 AM, and at 1 PM he had me back in action at a VERY fair price.

My steering housing had been going bad gradually, so until I heard what it sounded like fixed (or actually, what a good one is SUPPOSED to sound like [deathly quiet]) I didn't realize how bad mine had gotten. :( He also did a couple of other small maintenance items and I am ready to hit the water guiding folks Tuesday with a "like new" trolling motor. emoDance

FYI, one of the other places called me back at opening of business Monday (while I was on the road to Swafford's). The other place still hasn't called me back.

Thanks Rick!

high2425

How old is your ulterra? mine less than a year.NOT working unable to fish!! For that kind of money it is some kind of words that I am not able to say about it, keeps me from being able to fish this spring!!!!!

rsimms

high2425 - 3/28/2016 9:41 PM

How old is your ulterra? mine less than a year.NOT working unable to fish!! For that kind of money it is some kind of words that I am not able to say about it, keeps me from being able to fish this spring!!!!!

I don't have the Ulterra. I have the Terrova (i-Pilot Link). It is a little over three years old. I love it. Sure, I had to replace steering housing... but only after HARD use for three years. As a guide, my TM's get a massive amount of use (and abuse) compared to the average angler.

I have kind of longed for an Ulterra, but after hearing of your and TNDoe's experiences... not so much. :(