Annual Reminder on Post Padding to Fish CFF Tournament Trail

Dropshot

Staff member
This will be the only post about this subject for the season unless problems persist. Normally they are handled between the Admin and the individual poster.</p>

Don't be foolish and pad your post counts with Emoticons and one word posts in the intro section and other sections of the forum to pad your post counts. All this will do is get the tournament committee on you and establish a level of distrust you will never shake. If you decide you want to fish the CFF trail the sensible way to qualify is as follows:</p>

1. Plan ahead! Sign up and start making sensible, quality posts in a timely manner before the tournament you want to fish. 5 posts a day = 35 posts a week.</p>

2. Leave out the EMOs. EMO only posts are a sign that you really don't care about posting and are a huge red flag.</p>

3. Don't make 50 posts in an hour. If you want to find your post count reset, posts deleted, or denied entry to a tournament, then go ahead and think "no one is watching". I have witnessed it for years, but it seems to get worse the first of the year and early in the season. And trust me, forum mods and admins are watching what is going on. As a committee member and a moderator, I can guarantee you we are watching post counts, and often comment amongst each other when the entire page of new posts is covered by 1 or 2 people. </p>

4. Post real fishing reports. This forum was built on fishing reports. If I had my way all CFF tourney participants would be required to post a fishing report, and a minimum number of reports would be needed to qualify. Fishing reports are what bring people to our site and are the lifeblood of the forum. </p>

If the tournament committee cannot trust you to do little things like qualify responsibly and in an ethical manner or sign up properly, how can we trust you to follow the rules when you are on the water? We look forward to seeing everyone on the water!</p>

WE HAVE DECLINED TO ALLOW ANGLERS TO FISH WITH THE TRAIL BEFORE DUE TO THESE KINDS OF TACTICS TO QUALIFY AND WILL NOT HESITATE TO DO IT AGAIN.</p>

FishingwithRusty

would be fun to fish the tournaments and meet some of the locals, clearly im active on the boards but don't live on a computer. getting a minimum, 200 posts to fish means new guys have to sit back and watch for likely a year. you guys have been doing this for a while and clearly have your reasons but to a new guy it comes off pretty dickish.

Hook1

Thats a bit harsh "Rusty". Those of us that have been members on here for years have seen the reason that posts like this one need to be put out there. New members get on here, litter up the pages with replies that only consist of a thumbs up, or some other emoticon or even just put "thanks" and nothing else. They do this to get the required number of posts to fish the trail and it gets very old. You're right about one thing though, the moderators DO have their reasons and there is nothing "dickish" about what Dropshot just posted.

derek81

FishingwithRusty - 11/4/2016 11:00 AM

would be fun to fish the tournaments and meet some of the locals, clearly im active on the boards but don't live on a computer. getting a minimum, 200 posts to fish means new guys have to sit back and watch for likely a year. you guys have been doing this for a while and clearly have your reasons but to a new guy it comes off pretty dickish.

You will make friends fast.

FishingwithRusty

I get where youre going with it, my point is that guys new to the area like myself who participate and want to fish/participate cant. its almost as though they don't want new folks to fish

derek81

FishingwithRusty - 11/4/2016 12:04 PM

I get where youre going with it, my point is that guys new to the area like myself who participate and want to fish/participate cant. its almost as though they don't want new folks to fish

Not at all. Hang around long enough and you will see a pattern where donnie dumb ass is on a good bite and wants to fish every local tournament he can to pocket as much as possible as quickly as possible. A week prior to a CFF tournament he will make 200 useless posts just to be able to show up at one of the tournaments knowing he will probably never post here again or contribute anything useful.

elwestb

It really does not take that long to get 200 post. We just try to encourage more activity and participation on the forum is all.

fischnrod

FishingwithRusty - 11/4/2016 1:04 PM

I'll fish with you Rusty, I have enough post for both of us

Dropshot

Staff member
Actually, you could fish one ofthe first two tournaments without having to have the minimum posts...but if you want to come off as a peckerhead from the start, you are welcome to not fish. </p>

The dumbest thing you can do is burn a bridge before you even cross it. The only thing I see as "dickish" is you and your attitude.
</p>

I even used simple math to show how simple it was to get to 200 posts.You already have 50. Could have been pretty simple. You registered in October 2013 so you are not exactly a newbie.
</p>

You can throw a rock and find a tournament nearly every day of the week, but the initial goal of our trail is to promote the forum and fellowship among the anglers at a low cost. As someone who has fished and participated on the tournament committee for several years, we have seen all sorts of tricks, from fishing under false names to showing up and lying about post counts at sign-up. </p>

</p>

Hey Rusty, I'm a backseat fisherman cause I don't have my own ride. I've fished with this bunch in the past. There a really great group of people to fish with. When it comes to post counts, Hook1 and Derek81 are right. They add up alot quicker than you realize. A little bit of common sense goes a long way. As far as committing on posts, stick around a little while, it won't take long to see what the other members are talking about. It's a low budget trail that stays local. It's all about comradery and bragging rights. There are a few great fishing clubs locally that are the same way but you have to be a member.

fischnrod

They're all telling you right Rusty the trail don't start until February and I've read your post and if you keep posting like you have been you will be at 200 before you know it. Like I said before if you don't get enough post I will be glad to fish with you and when you do have enough post you can go it alone or I will still be more than happy to tag along. emoGeezer emoFish

As someone that is new to the forum this year I understand having to see the tourney reports but not being able to fish them because of the required number of post. But don't get frustrated with it Rusty. Take the info and tips you see people talking about and go hit the lake and apply them. I've spent this year reading the great reports from Jmax Dropshot Hook1 fishinvol and everyone else and taken what I've seen them talking about to the lake and worked on it and its made me a better fisherman. YES I would have loved to get out and fish some of the CFF tourneys but I totally understand a agree with the post requirement and understand the padding issue. Nothing that was said in Dropshot's post was even close to being dickish. It was a reminder and a warning about post padding to protect the integrity of CFF and ensure the quality of the members participating.

Dropshot

Staff member
Thx Jeremy, you are almost there, and you have done it the right way.

FishingwithRusty

thanks for the feedback and encouragement, was just sharing my perspective as a fng.

fischnrod, just may take you up on that offer.

Jmax

FishingwithRusty - 11/7/2016 7:33 AM

thanks for the feedback and encouragement, was just sharing my perspective as a fng.

fischnrod, just may take you up on that offer.

You will be there by the 1st tournament. You are 1/4th the way already and still have over three months to go before they start. Then the first one you can use a pass on. Get on here and chat a little like you have been doing and you will be fine. It just seems like a lot when you see it posted on here. no worries. emoAngel Like Derek has mentioned we have had issues in the past where a person on fish showed up to fish, lied about being an active member and then won. emoBang That is why you now have to pre-sign, so they can check out your post count. This is an open forum but the tournaments are closed unless you have the count. That is in some ways like a club tournament. These were started years ago for active CFF members. That is still the case. This area is by far the most bass tournament intensive place I have ever lived. In the summer you can find just about a tournament every day. In the winter you can usually find them on weekends. For people who like to fish tournaments this is a dream location. Plan to meet you the first CFF tournament Rusty. emoThumbsup Jmax

AirrusBoy

Thanks for posting. After talking with committee member I work with I really want to try and qualify to fish a few. See you on the water!

camaro88z

I understand the reason for the post required also. Just wished I had made it there by this year. Hopefully I will get to fish cff tournaments next yr. Post count is the reason I didn't fish them this year. My question is. If I have 200 myself does my fishing buddy have to have any?

Jmax

camaro88z - 11/7/2016 1:51 PM

I understand the reason for the post required also. Just wished I had made it there by this year. Hopefully I will get to fish cff tournaments next yr. Post count is the reason I didn't fish them this year. My question is. If I have 200 myself does my fishing buddy have to have any?

No, it is a combined post count. If your partner has a few it would count towards your total of 200.