Steve Wilson of Cleveland TN dies from fall out of stand, please pray for his family.

Jmax

This happened Saturday morning on opening day of the gun season up at my deer club. I have not brought it up due to them needing to notify family. I had only met Steve in passing up on the mountain but you could tell he shared the common passion a lot of us do to hunt and enjoy God's creation. I had been called that night asking if I had seen him that evening and I had not. I was informed he had not shown up that night back home. The issue with our bunch is if you are hunting alone you may get overlooked by others who start leaving. That was what happened here. When I left there was still about six vehicles to leave and guys were standing around talking. Apparently no one realized he had not returned. A couple of our guys went back, checked the map you write in on where you are going, went out and found him.

It appeared he had fallen about 20 feet from his stand that morning. The upper section of his stand was disconnected. The lower section was still up in the tree. He was at the bottom. His cell phone was still in his pocket so it did appear he never had tried to call anyone. There is an investigation still under way and I was told an autopsy would be done to determine the exact cause of his death.

Steve I was told had recently married back in January and had two step kids. I do not know if he had any other children. Please join me in praying for his family and love ones who are effected by his passing. Here is the Channel 3 report that was posted this morning. Jmax

http://www.wrcbtv.com/story/3376364...ile-hunting-in-sequatchie-co-over-the-weekend

BassERT

Re: Steve Wilson of Cleveland TN dies from fall out of stand, please pray for his family.

emoAngel emoAngel

emoCool

Lx545

Re: Steve Wilson of Cleveland TN dies from fall out of stand, please pray for his family.

Absolutely terrible accident. I couldnt imagine passing that way. Prayers sent.

churly

If you need any motivation to wear your safety harness, think about your wife, kids, and family and that all look for you to return home safely. I started using the hunter safety systems harnesses about 7 years ago and found them to be quite comfortable. I also notice (especially when bowhunting from loc ons) that I am able to stand and turn with more confidence, knowing I cant fall. This story is so sad for the family of this hunter.

Prayers for the family, and prayers that none of my fellow hunters have to go out this way!

Oldman

prayers sent

javelin379

I posted on safety systems about 4 years agos. I got sick in a simple ladder stand that I thought was harmless. Long story short I woke up about 20 yards down the mountain from the stand looking up at it. After thinking about my newly wed wife and my 6 year year old son I said a prayer. I was able to move and get off the mountain. Hospital stay and all in between made me realize what my family meant to me I killed the two biggest deer I ever killed 3 weeks later with 15 staples in my leg. Off the ground. On public land. Personally I will never climb a tree again but if you do please wear the harness. You never want to experiance this feeling

Jmax

RE: Steve Wilson of Cleveland TN dies from fall out of stand, please pray for his family.

Got another call this afternoon. Autopsy was, "death from blunt force trauma to the chest area". I was also told it was instant. I cannot express my sadness for this man's death, I just can't find the words. There was nothing anyone could have done even if we had found him right off. It was already too late. Makes you realize how all the little problems in life are not very big at all and makes you want to huge your love ones. Kiss your kids, wife and loves ones, be thankful for every moment we have to spend with them. Be safe everyone, prayers sent. :( Jmax

porthos33

I'm writing this with a VERY heavy heart. Pastor Steve was introduced to me about 8 years ago by my wife when I started going to the Peerless Road Church with her when we got engaged. Joining that church was one of the best things I ever did for my life and family. Steve was the lead Pastor with so much life and so many gifts. He encouraged us to get into working with the youth ministries at PRC and it has blessed us so much and is still bringing us So much joy. A year later Steve married us at the Whitestone Inn and it was such a magical day that we will never forget. He moved on from our church a couple years later but left us with so many great memories. Steve always brought some of the most powerful and God inspired sermons I had ever heard. He was such a competitor and people person. He was an inspiration to so many. He had two sons from his first marriage Zack and Greg. Greg is a senior and wrestled for Cleveland. My heart breaks for the boys and his new wife who is just precious. I can't even imagine the pain they are going through. I'm glad He didn't have to lay out there and suffer. I had been out of town and hadn't heard the autopsy results. Thanks for the post JMAX. I know Steve's heart was for the Lord and I know God has a special place for him in Heaven. I Just hope that God watches over his family and that they find peace with such a tragedy. I know his family really appreciates all the thoughts and prayers. Hopefully this helps encourage those that don't take every safety precaution while in a stand. All it takes is one mistake.

crossbow6854

Prayers sent!!! And I'm proud to be a member of a group that knows when prayers are needed, and I pray that God will put all ours together for the family.