elctronics that work at higher speeds???

Jeepman

I currently have a Helix 7 2016 model. when i am running above 10 mph the screen displays false data. It is not until i slow down to 8 mph that it picks back up and starts showing correct data. What models show data on the screen when you are running at upper speeds or am i wanting too much? thanks guys

sdfd29

It is probably the location of the transducer, it needs to be in clean water to pick up at speed. Look up a video from lowrance on transducer placement. (should work with the hummingbird as well and they may have a video).

BulletTJ

Si and Di work best below 6 mph. I don't know of any unit that will read accurately on plane. My indash
flasher is the only thing that will keep up with my boat at WOT. I keep my Bird on GPS when running at speeds above idle.

porthos33

When I lowered my transducer I think mine picked up the bottom at like 30-40 mph but It kept breaking off, so I raised it

Aries 181

BulletTJ - 6/29/2017 2:11 PM

Si and Di work best below 6 mph. I don't know of any unit that will read accurately on plane. My indash
flasher is the only thing that will keep up with my boat at WOT. I keep my Bird on GPS when running at speeds above idle.
That's good to know TJ. After installing my Helix 7 DI/GPS, it wouldn't even read the depth after about 25 mph so I paid a visit to Johnny @
DJ's and he said I may need to place the transducer somewhere else but first lets angle it down one notch. The depth ran fine at all speeds after that but the DI was still breaking up, now I know why.

The one thing I don't like about the unit is if I'm running over about 40 mph and I have the lakemaster chip screen on, I get gaps in the screen due to the processor in the unit not being fast enough to keep up with the GPS. I think I'm explaining the termanology right.

I plan to upgrade to a 9 or 10 SI/GPS later this year and move the 7 to the bow.

Bill

porthos33

<div>
Aries 181 - 6/29/2017 4:15 PM
The one thing I don't like about the unit is if I'm running over about 40 mph and I have the lakemaster chip screen on, I get gaps in the screen due to the processor in the unit not being fast enough to keep up with the GPS. I think I'm explaining the termanology right.</div>

Hey Bill just some zoom out on the screen and the gaps should go away</p>

</p>

Aries 181

porthos33 - 6/29/2017 4:50 PM

<div>
Aries 181 - 6/29/2017 4:15 PM
The one thing I don't like about the unit is if I'm running over about 40 mph and I have the lakemaster chip screen on, I get gaps in the screen due to the processor in the unit not being fast enough to keep up with the GPS. I think I'm explaining the termanology right. </div>

Hey Bill just some zoom out on the screen and the gaps should go away</p>

</p>
Yes, that is one option but at my age, ie, 63 next Tuesday, I like to see things up close.

Bill

finbully

Try increasing the ping speed. You may have to play around with until you find a better ping speed. It may or may not help with your question.

Jeepman

Thank you guys for the informative feedback and it sounds like others have experienced the same type of problems so this weekend I will try some of the solutions and report back. Thanks

Aries 181

high2425 - 6/30/2017 6:44 PM

Lakemaster card does not load fast enough, not your unit.
From my research, the Helix 9,10 and 12 don't have the gap problem that my 7 does due to a faster processor in the unit.

Bill

Rob Lee

Bill<
I have the Helix 10 Chirp-Mega SI-GPS G2N, purchased earlier this year. Running on plane 40 mph or so....I get a one inch or so white gap at the top of the screen while viewing Lakemaster. This does not occur at lower speeds or idle. Additionally, while on plane, I can forget about any accuracy in regards to depth...whether viewing DI, SI, Sonar, its all over the board. One of the primary reasons for having Lakemaster. Guess I need to talk with Johnny. Have a safe and happy 4th