Sale Creek Sunday...

Tight_Lines

I had the chance to get out in my Yak on Sunday and went up to Sale Creek. have been wanting to try this creek out because it was close to the house and looked pretty quiet away from power craft traffic. i dropped in off of Daugherty Ferry Rd at the bridge and fished maybe a mile or a little more up to Hwy 27 crossing. had one hit on a gold spoon. then paddle/fished back down to my original put in with only one more small hit. though to my surprise upon returning this creek had suddenly turned into Grand Central Station!!! i think i counted 3 or 4 jet skis, a bass boat, a pontoon boat, a small Jet boat( with absolutely NO respect) that was running im guessing close to 30 up and down this small creek at least 3 or four times!, and also a tri hull inboard out board maybe 20 feet! wakes everywhere and peace and quiet gone!! fished about another hour in one of the slews i think Rock Creek, and gave up. it was a nice day.... i just wasn't prepared to see all of that traffic on such a small creek!! Which is what i have been trying to get away from! oh well at least i got out!!

canoefisher76

thats too bad. I went a few weeks ago to this similar location with my son and his friend and we had similar problems. but we put in on lies road and paddled to the bridge on daughter ferry. there was a similar thing happen to us. a couple boats and one jet ski fly by without any considerarion of us in our kayaks. there was one boat that slowed down when they saw us and didn't have us hanging 10. but we still had a good time regardless. i hooked a bass trying to catch crappie under the bridge but he spit the hook right as he got next to the boat. we didn't have any luck fishing either. oh well thats fishing sometimes

ByrdDawg

The early spring that is a good creek when the bass are going on bed. When the water is down you have to pretty much idle or troll back. This keeps a lot of the larger boats out or at least at idle speed.