Conservation Project

rstroede

Hello All,

My name is Robert Stroede and I am the Conservation Manager for the Union Sportsmen's Alliance a non-profit conservation organization made up of skilled union trades members uniting to protect and enhance the future of conservation. We are currently seeking a project in the Chattanooga area that can be of substantial impact to the area. Our members use raised funds along with volunteer labor to conduct a variety of projects from infrastructure to outreach. One of the most common projects that we undertake is the construction or refurbishing of public fishing piers. Does anyone know of a public fishing pier that is in disrepair or a location that is in need of a pier to increase public access to a waterbody.

Any and all input is appreciated. If you have a suggestion please provide detailed location information so that we can evaluate the request.

Visit us on facebook to find out more: https://www.facebook.com/unionsportsmen

Thanks,

Rob

Hook1

The ones I know of are in State Parks. Don't know if you'd be able to just show up and work on them????

rstroede

We work directly with the parks system, fish and wildlife agencies, city, state, and federal governments when we do projects. We identify projects and then work with the entity to meet their needs. We are currently just soliciting input in regards to possible projects.

Hook1

Well in that case I know of 3 that definitely need attention. Those are Wolftever creek boat ramp, Booker T Washington boat ramp, and Harrison Bay boat ramp. All of these have docks that could be in MUCH better shape. Especially since they're state parks.

FishingwithRusty

a bigger/better courtesy dock at wolftever would be great

fischnrod

The dock at Armstrong road boat ramp in Soddy Creek has been destroyed by boat traffic and needs to be replaced as there is no place to dock your boat to park your vehicle.

porthos33

Aries 181 - 8/17/2017 11:01 AM
FishingwithRusty - 8/17/2017 10:15 AM a bigger/better courtesy dock at wolftever would be great
You're right Rusty. I would start using that ramp if the dock was longer/better shape
</p>

+1 on this, It's kinda ridiculous how small Wolftever is for the amount of traffic it gets</p>

rstroede

We have noticed several responses to this thread involving Wolftever Boat Ramp. Anyone who could provide specific details about what repairs or improvements need to be made at this location would be greatly appreciated.

R-boatless

I wish that our bigger ramps: HBSP, CF, even skull island; would implement a sand beach system. I would never tie up to a dock, if I could beach the boat. But, as of now, this is not an option because of rocks and even rip rap. Just a thought.

Mr. S

The Waconda Bay TWRA boat ramp has no docking at all. This launch is located off of TN Hwy. 58 at the intersection of Bayshore Dr. and Waconda Point Rd.

SlabDog

The Wolftever launch ramp dock needs to be much longer and totally redone. It's barely usable after the water goes down.

porthos33

SlabDog - 10/4/2017 7:29 PM The Wolftever launch ramp dock needs to be much longer and totally redone. It's barely usable after the water goes down.
This is the truth! Make it longer so that more boats at one time can access it for sure!

SlabDog

The Wolftever launch ramp has 68 parking places for towing vehicle with trailers. The dock is totally ridicules with that much potential traffic. I don't go there because of the Dock. The ramp is one of the best around, even in winter, though it is a bit narrow and good for only 2 boats at a time if both parties know how to back a trailer. Here's a couple of pics that will show you what I mean. This is during winter level. You can see from the last photo (Google Maps) the parking is good and almost full on the day the last photo was taken.

Attachments

• Wolftever Dock1.jpg
    Wolftever Dock1.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 326
  • Wolftever Dock2.jpg
    Wolftever Dock2.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 340
  • Wolftever Parking.jpg
    Wolftever Parking.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 332