Dear Son... I Hope You Fail

rsimms

I did not write this... but I wish I had.

It was written by Daryl Ratajczak, former TWRA Chief of Wildlife. If you're a hunter... especially a hunter with a son or daughter, this is a MUST READ! You won't regret it.

http://bit.ly/2w56SDK

Attachments

• daryl.jpg
    daryl.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 365

Dgreen

Thanks for posting! Brings back a lot of memories and pride we all have in seeing our kids grow and succeed!

Toadhunter

Thanks rsimms for posting, is a great article brung back memories of me bringing my stepson into the world of hunting nearly 14 yrs ago and watching being excited when wud get up in the stand for about 10 min then was out, but now he is still my hunting partner but in his own tree stand and has his walkie on and keeps me up and awake from talking the whole time, lol but I wudnt trade 1 second of it

jpdavidm

That was awesome I sure do miss them days my youngest son 17 called me last night while I was fishing he killed a big Doe with his bow it made me think of them days when I use to take him, Deer is at the butcher today getting packaged.

Softbaitmaker

That is a wonderful article and took me back to the days when I had my two sons on their first deer hunts. That was many years ago and they have taught their sons in almost the same fashion I taught them in. I am proud of my sons and all my grandsons for their respect of nature and repect of the many wonders it gives all of us.

Living in Chicago made it impossible to hunt with my sons. My uncles were responsible for my hunting experiences. Outdoors time with your kids is worth more than you can ever know!!