Vols.....

porthos33

Well talk about a dang nail biter!!! What a game! I'm so glad I'm not attached to football like I used to be, b/c that's a tough one to swallow!

How did you get off of it? LOL. Counseling? Cold Turkey ? That was a tough one to swallow for sure. I did mange to catch a few before kickoff though so there's that ??

VolsFan24

I was at a wedding in the North Carolina mountains and had no service. Had a text come through around 10 when I left and I couldnt believe it. Thought it was a joke. Saw the highlights this morning and I didnt even want to drive home. Definately a kick to the nuts!

BulletTJ

We should have never been in that situation. Butch talks about not executing the plays. That was some of the worst play calling I have ever seen. 1st and goal on the one yard line and we run three pass plays out of the shot gun. We have a 350 lb left tackle and a hard running back that runs like a freight train and we pass the ball. It is time for Butch to go. Every player on the field has been recruited by Butch. Don't get me wrong he is a good recruiter. But, he and his staff play to not lose instead of playing to win. When we get behind by a couple of touch downs the play calling changes. The powers to be at Knoxville need to just man up and pay John Gruden whatever he wants to take the job. I know he would take the job if the money was right. Butch's ego will not let him hire the staff to do the job. He wants the credit for the turn around in Knoxville but with that comes the blame when we are not getting to where we should be. That game in the Swap should not have even been close. I need to shut up now and go take a chill pill.

Spot on bulletTJ. Problem is they won't can him, although John Currie has proven he actually listens to the fans. Unlike butch who listens to nobody

porthos33

Springmillvol - 9/17/2017 7:57 AM How did you get off of it? LOL. Counseling? Cold Turkey ? That was a tough one to swallow for sure. I did mange to catch a few before kickoff though so there's that ??
</p>

</p>

LoL.....I started my career/business about 15 years ago and it requires me to work and travel in the spring and fall and saturday is always my busiest day. But, with that said I get my summers and winters off. 5 months on and 7 months off, So it was a sacrifice I had to make to be able to be a weekday fisherman instead of a weekender! </p>

The one thing I can say about TN football is that even though they lose alot that they should have won, at least they have a lot of great games. There was a statistic that they showed last night and it said TN had the most come from behind wins from being 10 or more points down than any other team in the nation and if they had won against FL they would have added another comeback win to the list. I can't remember what the time frame was for that stat.</p>

elwestb

rusty50576 - 9/17/2017 4:26 PM

3 yrs in a row butch has failed to knock down a Hail Mary with time running out

... but didn't they win two games last year by doing a similar thing?

BulletTJ

I am mad because the game should have never been close. That was a great play the Gators made. Great throw and even better catch. Luck had nothing to with us beating Ga last year. It had nothing to do with losing to Florida this year. We made the plays that won last year, they made them this year. Like I said before, poor play calling beat the Vols. Open up the offense for crying out loud. The reason TN has more double digit come from behind wins than any team in the nation, is because Butch will not open up the offense until he thinks he is going to lose. It has to be so frustrating to be on the offense and be held back until you get down 2 touchdowns.

elwestb - 9/18/2017 8:15 AM

Just one game but we gave up a Hail Mary with under a minute to go in that game (vs Georgia) and countered with a Hail Mary to win. How do you not leave anyone back????? How do you not run the ball from the one inch line? 7 plays inside the 10 yard line Saturday, all passes. That's just stupid, ain't no hiding it and it's not a new thing

elwestb

rusty50576 - 9/18/2017 9:17 AM

elwestb - 9/18/2017 8:15 AM

Just one game but we gave up a Hail Mary with under a minute to go in that game (vs Georgia) and countered with a Hail Mary to win. How do you not leave anyone back????? How do you not run the ball from the one inch line? 7 plays inside the 10 yard line Saturday, all passes. That's just stupid, ain't no hiding it and it's not a new thing

I know! Kelley was a beast! So you have a first and goal and he doesn't get the ball!?! Maybe three times!?! I don't understand? I thought after missing the field goals that Tennessee had gone down and recruited a kicker from Alabama!