Weather App "Dark Skies"

elwestb

People this silly thing actually works! I was skeptical at first but I'm telling you it really does work. This weather app cost you a one time charge of $3.99. That's all! I live in Ooltewah and over the past 6 weeks I have tested and witnessed this thing with it's weather warnings and predictions. It has a little sounder that will go off and prompt you about any weather changes good or bad. Then when you look on the phone it may say something like, light rain to begin in 5 minutes or maybe 15 minutes. Later it will prompt you and tell you when the rain will stop. It has been about 95% accurate. It locks in on your location so it isn't just a general report of the whole Chattanooga area. Last night up on the Chick it was spot on accurate and saved my bacon big time. I was fishing and heard some rumblings off in the distance but I really didn't pay much attention to it. Then the sounder went off on my phone and I looked at it. It said rain, wind, hail, and lighting in your area in 7 minutes. I still didn't give it much notice and cranked up the boat and started down the river. Within about 2 or 3 minutes I felt a couple off big drops of rain hit me. Then I saw a streak of lighting flash. So made a bee line for good person's empty boat house. I had just got tied up inside when all h*ll broke loose! Rain, wind, hail, and lighting. The little storm was just that fast. For about 15 minutes it was a little rough. I looked at my phone and I hadn't heard the sounder that had already gone off but it said that the weather was going to stop in 5 minutes! And it did! So I went back out fishing! I think the local TV stations weather department could really use this!

DinkDink

Wait is Earl getting into the new technology? Haha. Are you talking about apps for a smartphone? He will be texting before you know it. Haha

elwestb

No he won't! No Spacebook, no My Face, no Instaspam, no Snapcrap, no texting, piddling or diddling, at least not in public anyway!

rsimms

I actually gave the "Dark Sky" developers $15 while they were still in development (which gave me first and free access when it was done).

In other words, I've been a Dark Sky user/supporter since before it was even created. As you said, it is awesome!

Of course I still use other apps for longer range weather forecasting, but in regard to short term information/advisories/warnings... I depend totally on Dark Sky.

porthos33

I don't think my flip phone gets apps....oh well, but i can definitely text. Maybe one day I will be able to afford the $1,000 I phone~!