Boat Insurance

drdetroit

Who offers the best bang for your buck on a new boat?</p>

Dr Detroit</p>

Progressive is bye far the cheapest I got State Farm because another buddy of mine told me that most of the others is slow to pay our they question everything when you have a claim our repair but I hadn’t had a claim yet with them either and hope I don’t so good luck

chillerman69

Backwaterjigs - 10/2/2017 3:04 PM

Progressive is bye far the cheapest I got State Farm because another buddy of mine told me that most of the others is slow to pay our they question everything when you have a claim our repair but I hadn’t had a claim yet with them either and hope I don’t so good luck

I have Allstate for the exact same reasons and I have everything I own insured there. My only recommendation is shop several places, check prices and go with your gut. If there was ever a dangerous lake, it ours, due to being overcrowded with stupidass idiots. I would caution about scrimping on coverage but understand being insurance poor. Be honest, how much is your rig, you and your fishing buddy worth.

VolsFan24

I use Bob at WorldWide Marine. Super easy to deal with. I've never had to use it, but price was better than what I was paying with State Farm.

FishingwithRusty

Bob @ Worldwide!!!! agreed value policies at a great price. have been with them for over 10yrs on several different boats, guide/high liability coverages. unfortunately ive had a couple of claims but they have been great to work with and took care of me.

burnett1988

While were on this subject, Does anybodys insurance cover a blown motor ? i have progressive and i have the Propulsion plan which covers the lower unit but not the rest of the motor?

FishingwithRusty

Travelers has coverage for that. I tried to get it but didn't qualify

Gator

I would talk to my homeowners ins agent first. Mine happens to be with Granger and price is good but haven’t had a claim yet though. My agent is Hank Tiller at Tiller Ins on Hixson Pike. 423-475-6112.

Dropshot

Staff member
I refuse to give progressive a nickel, but saved $150 a year by going with BoatUS. They now use GEICO, but so far, so good.

burnett1988

I have had 2 claims with Progressive, One with lower unit (which they replaced with a brand new one) and 2nd one a crack head stole 8 rods and reels from me. Both were took care of within a week. Thats hard to beat in my opinion.

Carl

Whoever you go with, make sure it is an agreed value policy. Will make a world of difference if you have a claim. I would give Bob a call, he will steer you in the right direction.

Dgreen

I have State Farm. When my engine overheated and blew-up I went to Nichols got an estimate and State Farm sent me check for the total minus the deductible. No issues what so ever. They are all good until you file a claim. I wouldn't use anyone else because of my experience. Good luck with your decision.

Would not recommend progressive l work on boats had a guy with 300 merc hit something with sport master gear case messed up prop broke driveshaft and messed up gears and they said it was normal wear and did not cover it would not use them for nothing

Paul Nichols

I deal with insurance on boat motors a good bit, Progressive has NEVER covered 1 single thing at my shop EVER. State Farm and Farm Bureau are by far the best I've dealt with.