Riverpark Sunday? Flip Lakes (Downtown section closed for all boat Traffic)!!

bronzeback45

I researched events earlier this and head of the hooch was in November so I thought it was all clear, but I looked further in and there is a event called Chattanooga Head Race for high school row boaters and the river will be shut down that day. So even at Sullivans, the one's who choose to run up wont be able too from downtown up to dam. Why cant we flip flop the day's and fish Chickamauga Saturday since the Head race is only a 1 day event on Saturday.. They shut the whole river down to all traffic during the race, which last till 4 30 pm..

jenko157

Leonard, I don't have a dog in the race but the heartland and the catch classic are both on Saturday, so it could get a wee bit crowded on chick.

bronzeback45

jenko157 - 10/4/2017 8:26 PM Leonard, I don't have a dog in the race but the heartland and the catch classic are both on Saturday, so it could get a wee bit crowded on chick.
</p>

</p>

Probably wont have 10 or 15 boats, and we will be on lower end. I think it stinks for several teams including myself, that like fishing up river at the Jack..
No different in April, May and June when every trail in the region is on the Chick. I'm not on committee so I don't have a dog in the fight. Everyone can call me Queen B, I guess.. emoBawl emoBawl emoSorry

shadhead

Im all for high school events and Social events . but last year I got hung up river during a classic because of the hooch. we went up at daylight and came back down around 9 that morning and everything was blocked off. Talked to a game warden and told him our situation. He was a real dandy I offered to idle threw or just fish down the opposite side to get back threw but they wouldn't let me .I finally ask how many of them people in the row boats bought license, paid registration on the boats they were in. This really made him friendly. I have done some research and cannot find anything where it is permitable to block the whole river off unless there is a situation that endangers the public or environment. They should work something out where everyone could use the river.

porthos33

shadhead - 10/10/2017 4:13 AMIm all for high school events and Social events . but last year I got hung up river during a classic because of the hooch. we went up at daylight and came back down around 9 that morning and everything was blocked off. Talked to a game warden and told him our situation. He was a real dandy I offered to idle threw or just fish down the opposite side to get back threw but they wouldn't let me .I finally ask how many of them people in the row boats bought license, paid registration on the boats they were in. This really made him friendly. I have done some research and cannot find anything where it is permitable to block the whole river off unless there is a situation that endangers the public or environment. They should work something out where everyone could use the river.
man that really stinks!! I would be so irritated!