Stratos Floor Replacement.

Mr. S

Has any one here ever took on the task of repairing/replacing the floor in their boat? Should the top come off? The manufacturer said it was one of the easiest repairs to make. From what I have read it doesn't sound like a easy repair. If you have had your floor repaired, who did the work and what was the cost? Or should I just look for a different hull to put my motor on and call it done?

Mr. S

Well if it has to be repaired may as well and do it all. but it has several soft spots, around the drain up front and kinda under the console.

FishingwithRusty

i did a cap off restoration on a 1994 Stratos 201 a couple of years ago, it was a learning experience for sure. i learned that i will NEVER do that again! it honestly wasnt that hard but tedious and time consuming and in the end you have a product that really isnt worth the time, energy and money you put into it to anyone other than you. so if youre in love with the boat and have the time and energy to commit to the project you could have it done by spring.

thegman

I did a top off replacement of the transom, stringers & floor in a 20' Aries. Took it down to the bare fiberglass hull. I didn't have the money for anither boat or to pay someone. It was a 2-3 month job. I'm glad i did it but would never do it again. The toughest part for me was getting the top cap shoehorned back on. It seemed like the hull spread out when i took the cap off.

Mr. S

Thanks guys. I doubt the top comes off really, I have neither the place or equipment to do such work. I'm not in love with the ol boat I just have what I feel is a good deal in it when I bought it and If I can keep it in good shape it will serve me well until I can afford a newer model.