Repalced Boat axle

xpress19

I headed out this mourning to go fishing on the Nickajack Lake and on Cummings Hwy a passing car told me to roll down my window and said my boat tire was smoking. I looked back and my tire was almost off. I stopped at a tire shop and they directed me to Gossetts Garage 2907 Cummings Hwy 423-821-5434. They immediately told me my axle was ate up , and ordered a new one right there this was about 12 :30 I could not of driven a half of mile more. Wes the manager calls me 5 hours later he had my boat trailer done with a 3500 lb axle instead of a 2500 lb axle he took off. He also put on a bearing system that has a 5 year maintenance free guarantee . He made my boat a priority because he didn't want to leave it overnight...If you are ever in need reliable mechanical services Hook-em up..... emoAngel emoAngel

porthos33

Been there! But mine came off a few miles down the road and had to be repaired on the spot! One of those things that I hope Never happens again!

Buoy-Master

<div>They do last however, man made and assembled can have issues. We have used them on a countless number of trailers over the past 10 years, all over the US. I can count warranties on 1 hand.</div><div>
</div><div>Just so everyone knows, Tennessee Trailers can have a replacement axles on the spot in minutes. We cant install it if its not a Tn Trl but we can sell them.</div>

Aries 181

xpress19 - 10/24/2017 9:51 PM

I headed out this mourning to go fishing on the Nickajack Lake and on Cummings Hwy a passing car told me to roll down my window and said my boat tire was smoking. I looked back and my tire was almost off. I stopped at a tire shop and they directed me to Gossetts Garage 2907 Cummings Hwy 423-821-5434. They immediately told me my axle was ate up , and ordered a new one right there this was about 12 :30 I could not of driven a half of mile more. Wes the manager calls me 5 hours later he had my boat trailer done with a 3500 lb axle instead of a 2500 lb axle he took off. He also put on a bearing system that has a 5 year maintenance free guarantee . He made my boat a priority because he didn't want to leave it overnight...If you are ever in need reliable mechanical services Hook-em up..... emoAngel emoAngel
Would you care to share what it cost you?

Thanks,
Bill

silvertalon

Thought I'd throw in a bearing/axle story, lol. Many moons ago, on a Sunday, went out for a day on a lake about 55 miles from home. We were close to the lake way out off the main roads and while gliding down a long downhill grade- a big thump and Wham! Here comes the driver side trailer wheel passing me out at hyper speed and sparks streaming back off my axle plate and fender. After recovering the wheel some 1/4 mile down the road, discovered the bearings just distroyed so we wrapped some old blue jean rags around the spindle shoved the wheel hub over them and I was lucky to have a small dumb bell weight in the boat for an anchor. Well the I.D. hole was one inch and fit perfectly over the spindle against the wheel and then fit the washer and cotter pin to hold it! We did make it out fishing and back home but when we got home it was smoking and hot, LMAO! True story!