Boatramps in the winter months.

Montman

New to owning a boat. Bought one for the first time three months ago. Just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is possible to put in at 58 bridge on the Hiwassee when the water is down for the winter. Also what ramps to use and not to use during this time? Thanks in advance.

CATCHMAN

You should be fine at that ramp. From the ramp to the channel out at the bridge - it will fluctuate from 4 to 6 feet.

Allison2002

Don't put in at the Charlston ramp off high way 11 when the water is at winter pool it has a drop off your trailer will hang on and then you have to get wet and lift you trailer back onto the ramp. Helped a few get trailers off the ramp drop off an know of a few that broke axles. Be very cautious putting in up there in the winter. These ramp I know are good in the winter 58 boat dock ramp,Tva 58 before you cross the bridge,gGrasshopper, Harrison Bay,Wolftever on 58 high way are all good in the winter.

camaro88z

Dayton boat dock is ok and cfp is good as well. Mudd Creek is a no go in winter pool

TOMMY 20RXD

The ramps seem to be ok but what about the boat docks most of the docks are unable to use in the winter time and they are in bad shape. Just look at wolftever , beat all to hell and to short.

JEEPnFISH

Aries 181 - 11/15/2017 6:22 AM

Montman - 11/14/2017 11:16 PM

How about the ramp at skull island?
Only launch there if you want your vehicle broken into.

Bill

I drove through the campground this summer. Some sites looked like permenant homesteads. Sketchy looking "campers" in them.