Well. 1st weekend with modern gun in AR in the books for 2017.

Jmax

The modern gun hunt opened this past weekend here in AR. Our little camp had some wall hangers taken. One deer was 196 pounds and another was 187 lbs. emoEek For AR those are some big deer. We now have scales and have started weighing our deer to track their weights. emoThumbsup The rut is on here and the bucks were chasing. I saw deer every day but only saw one good eight that I really wanted but he was chasing a doe and never gave me a decent shot. emoBawl I did finally decide to take a decent smaller buck just to put some more meat in the freezer. There is only five of us in our camp and three of the guys got good ones. Two huge seven points that I mentioned above on the weights and another guy got a nice eight. I did not hear how much it weighed. emoScratch Then there was mine. There was only one of us who came back with empty coolers. There is a three point on one side rule in this state so you must have that on one side to shoot a buck. Thought I would share a couple pictures, if these don't make you want to go deer hunting, your not a hunter. emoBigsmile Jmax

Attachments

• Picture1113171837_1 (Copy).jpg
    Picture1113171837_1 (Copy).jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 325
  • Picture1113171841_1.jpg
    Picture1113171841_1.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 319
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 322
  • photo10.jpg
    photo10.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 305
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 306

Justfishin

Those are some good deer! I just got back from a hunt up north an it was slow this year. I did get one it had a couple tines broke but didnt see as many. Hunted here a couple days an I dont think the bigger deer are moving yet or as far as I have seen

Creedmoor

Nice deer, looks y'all had a good hunt.

I grew up in east central AR (Phillips county) what area of AR were you hunting?

Jmax

Creedmoor - 11/13/2017 10:23 PM

Nice deer, looks y'all had a good hunt.

I grew up in east central AR (Phillips county) what area of AR were you hunting?

South Central, Fordyce AR if you know where that blink in the road is. emoAngel Jmax

churly

looks like a fun weekend in camp! Congrats!

Jmax

I can't seem to get on the big boys. Got pictures of them but mostly at night. Did pass on a smaller basket rack buck that looked like a small eight. emoRolleyes However while I struggle a couple of our guys are having banner years. The young guy in the first photo has been trying to get a big one with his bow this year. Even thou the gun season was still on he put down his rifle and traded it for his bow. Had the nice eight with his rifle so he went back to the bow. Today it paid off, had this big boy come into range and did not miss. emoWorthy Jmax

Attachments

• Picture1124170827_1.jpg
    Picture1124170827_1.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 321

churly

Just stay in the woods, you'll get one.