anyone know why hds unit give error "only legacy data avaliable?

Ranger020

Tried adjusting my shallowater shading and fishing range on my hds 7 gen 3 and it keepd telling me only legacy data avaliable in an error message anyone know why this is? also running a navionics premium hot maps card. Iv herd a couple different things one was that you have to update the mapping card each year to use those features now since the newest lowrance update. also herd those features were working fine on the old software the wons who updated are the ones affected by this. any input would be a great help thanks in advanced!!!!

bronzeback45

You have update your subscription once a year depending on when your purchased card. Its $99 + tax, mine is due next month. Make sure you enable sonar charts as well, on chart menu. Ive noticed alot more detail recently, since garmin purchased Navionics.

Ranger020

Thanks that’s what I was looking for I am a little upset with this because all of that worked before the updates and now they have taken those features away I don’t make a living fishing it’s not worth $100 a year to me to use these may be time to look into hummingbird

bronzeback45

I understand his point, but Navionic's wasn't making any money since many of the newer units map share. i have a 2 gig Nav+ and I believe I can trade it for the 16 gig Canada/US card for $99. I conservative too, and not trying to be a pro either, it is only a hobby for me outside of the local tourney's and small bass club I fish in. It's funny, everyone seems to jump on the latest and greatest cell Phone but complain when their bill goes up monthly. I love Fishing but the gasolene and oil cost me more than any of the above, LOL!!!