You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

scubajt41, Chick- Woltever Bridge NB Section 1, All, 1-9-18
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
   Fishing Fishing Discussion

Posted by scubajt41
1/10/2018 5:34 PM
Explored the most popular section of the bridge since nobody was there. TONS OF FISH. Dont get frustrated watching this video as there are simply too many fish to count. There is so much debris on this side. Fish are hugging shore and pillars, not in between. Lots of shad still and lots of dead shad. Fish were low again and visibility was greatly reduced compared to Monday. Water temps are climbing and fish are coming off the bottom. Had trouble finding the termocline today but fish are both above and below it. fish are tight to structures still as well. Temp was 48F. No monsters but lots of good keepers. Will do rest of bridge when i get time.

https://youtu.be/R7pEejZ8uDI
Posted by silvertalon
1/10/2018 6:27 PM
Nice report. BTW, there is no thermocline after the fall turn-over. , because of the current in TN river, a thermocline seldom ever sets up except for in slack water areas, A season with little or no flow will also be the exception. I've discussed this in detail with Mark Rose and some other deep structure spoon fishermen. Also, Modern locators have a thermocline mode which only detects temperature inversions by the density of the water. These changes exist year round but in winter, shallow and surface water can be just as cold as deeper water.
Posted by Hooknjaw
1/10/2018 7:09 PM
I rode past as you were making this video didn't think I would be able to see it . Awesome video . It is cool to see what's under the old wolftever bridge . ??
Posted by scubajt41
1/10/2018 7:32 PM
Hooknjaw - 1/10/2018 8:09 PM

I rode past as you were making this video didn't think I would be able to see it . Awesome video . It is cool to see what's under the old wolftever bridge . ??

Nice of you to be social. Lol
Posted by heath423
1/11/2018 6:13 AM
Another great video. Keep up the good work.
Posted by catfish170
1/11/2018 6:15 AM
need to see your operation somethime, Great work!!
Posted by scubajt41
1/11/2018 6:54 AM
silvertalon - 1/10/2018 7:27 PM

Nice report. BTW, there is no thermocline after the fall turn-over. , because of the current in TN river, a thermocline seldom ever sets up except for in slack water areas, A season with little or no flow will also be the exception. I've discussed this in detail with Mark Rose and some other deep structure spoon fishermen. Also, Modern locators have a thermocline mode which only detects temperature inversions by the density of the water. These changes exist year round but in winter, shallow and surface water can be just as cold as deeper water.

You are correct. Harrison bay is a great example. Monday there was a clear one and I even had some good video going through it. I think the rain disturbed it as it was difficult to find. There is little to no current out there right now
Posted by Gator
1/11/2018 8:09 AM
I really enjoy your videos also. Thanks!
Posted by silvertalon
1/11/2018 8:40 AM
Nice footage. Thanks for your efforts. I think I saw my 3J jiggin spoon down there, lol. There's only a few left in existence.
Posted by Hooknjaw
1/11/2018 11:52 AM
Next time I see you I will make a more proper introduction ??..
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser
Action Alarms DJs Electronics Keller Williams Realty Piscifun Scenic City Fishing Matt Sage Insurance Tenn. Fishing

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
July 2018
SMTWTFS
1» 2» 3 4 5 6 7
8 9» 10 11 12 13 14
15 16» 17 18 19 20» 21
22» 23» 24 25 26 27 28
29 30» 31        

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)
Jul 22 Dream chasers open tournament
Jul 23 Hiwassee/58 Tournament Series
Jul 30 Hiwassee/58 Tournament Series

Advertiser

Random Photo

Album: FlameKeeper - Rods

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2018 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software