Endless Lowrance Questions

Kickerfish

Someone please help me ease my brain here. I upgraded to an HDS9 Touch Gen2. I have the LSS2 and SS installed on my boat and plugged it right in. Everything works except downscan. The downscan image only displays another side imaging view. I didn't see a way to change it which makes me think its the structure scan box. I will purchase another transducer if thats what I need I just need some direction and Lowrance's site hasn't exactly been helpful to me. What did the gen2 graphs come with originally? What could I do to have 2d, sidescan and downscan?

Any info or guidance is appreciated.

FishingwithRusty

switch to Humminbird and make your life easier :D might try the guys over on BBC, there are a bunch of Lowrance gurus over there

FishingwithRusty

Kickerfish - 1/23/2018 9:50 AM

lol I love the shameless Humminbird plug. I did think about it.

just giving you a hard time, seriously the boys on BBC are good emoToast

Kickerfish

You were right. Spent 3 minutes on there and got some answers.

Looks like I need an LSS2 HD transducer. I'm still a bit confused though because I have an LSS2 transducer and the structure scan box. The way I understand it, the gen2 units have structure built in so you no longer need the box.

FishingwithRusty

all part of the reason i went to HUMMINBIRD!!! LOL! you had to know that was coming......

Oldman

it is easy to make up your mind(made in mexico or USA) no brainer.

scooby-doo pole

Gen2 Touch has SS built in the head unit... only thing required to get SI/DI is the LSS2 transducer. Once LSS2 transducer is mounted on the hull and plugged in the back of the head unit, the LSS2 transducer is automatically recognized by the unit and doesn't need to be selected in the sonar setup menu. The unit default is set to SI. To change the view from SI to DI, while viewing SI... press the menu tab... then press view... your view options are left/right... right only... left only... down... press down and the screen will change from SI to DI.

Kickerfish

scooby-doo pole - 1/23/2018 12:00 PM

Gen2 Touch has SS built in the head unit... only thing required to get SI/DI is the LSS2 transducer. Once LSS2 transducer is mounted on the hull and plugged in the back of the head unit, the LSS2 transducer is automatically recognized by the unit and doesn't need to be selected in the sonar setup menu. The unit default is set to SI. To change the view from SI to DI, while viewing SI... press the menu tab... then press view... your view options are left/right... right only... left only... down... press down and the screen will change from SI to DI.

Thank you for this. It is extremely helpful.

scooby-doo pole

No problem! If you haven't figured it out yet; I can make/post a quick video for you of how to create a custom page to view 2D/SI/DI all at the same time when I get home from work tonight.

Kickerfish

shouldn't be too bad. just to verify though, this is with the transducer bypassing the structure scan box and plugging directly into the graph? or with the current set up?

Carl

you dont need the hd or to bypass the ss box (you can if you want though) I have the same setup with the box. More than likely you need to change your view selection to down scan. You have to choose which you are viewing on each screen. You can customize it to see only down, only side or a combo of these with split screens. It is true Lowrance is more difficult to learn, but you also get a lot more custom options.

Kickerfish

Thank you guys for your help. I had no idea that I could change the view on the HDS. I was able to get the downscan imaging view configured last night. Thank you all for your help.