Helix 9 Chirp Mega Si GPS G2N Network Question

JohnnyG

My brother and I are pretty new to boat electronics. Just the very basic knowledge here. Trying to progress in order to use these tools to better our fishing experience. I have already purchased one Helix 9 Chirp Mega Si GPS G2N. I want to get another same unit or the the Helix 7 Chirp GPS Si G2N for the bow. I want to be able to share waypoints, map cards etc and while my brother fishes from the back of the boat I want him to be able to see what I’m looking at from the bow unit from the console unit close to him. I want to be able to switch from using the transom transducer when driving/idling to using the trolling transducer when up and fishing. Will all I need is an Ethernet cable since no other items will be connected? Also, when I switch between transducers will I have any interference from the other transducer? Will the other transducer have to be turned off somehow through the unit ? Thanks.

jb366

You will need an ethernet cable and 2 ethernet adapter cables(part no. AS EC QDE). I don't get any interference between my 2 units when running separate transducers but if you do you can turn the sonar off on the bow unit to stop the rear transducer from firing while looking at the tm ducer