From MN to TN

mbee5855

Hey all,

Just moved down to Chattanooga from MN a couple months ago and was looking to get into some craps/trout from the shore. Unfortunately, I’m a student so I do not have the funds to purchase any electronics or boat but was wondering if anyone had a few tips on getting into some/tips on spots to try from the bank. In MN, the crappie spawn would tend to happen in early May but I’m assuming it’s a lot earlier down here with the weather being much warmer.

Any information helps, was just wondering so I could get into some open water and wet a line during this time of year.

Thanks y’all!

-Matt

mbee5855

Rsimms thanks a ton! Just throwing jigs/small spinners or do they tend to like the bobber tipped with a minnow approach?

zack1a2

Harrison bay around the marina can be good for crappie once they move up and the bass tend to always be around the docks...throw a jig or minnow on a float up next to the open docks and see what happens...

If your good with slip floats it helps to get baits down to the level of the crappie. I have fished 20 ft deep with them around Wolfteever. Tyner Ln boat ramp, walk to the right of ramp. if you have waders cross the cut and walk to the clay point and fish all the way past the green buoy!!

Aries 181

For trout, lake junior @ 153 and Amnicola hwy is now open for fishing on Fri, Sat and Sun only. You'll need a trout stamp on top of your regular license to fish for them.

Bill

DrugCoder

Where can you find the dates/times that Lake Junior is open? Is it posted anywhere online or just at the lake?

Muskrat

Some stringers full of crappie were caught under Wolftever Bridge about a week ago.

Aries 181

DrugCoder - 2/8/2019 3:25 PM

Where can you find the dates/times that Lake Junior is open? Is it posted anywhere online or just at the lake?
I'm pretty sure there is a sign down near the water.

Bill

river rat

Junior lake is stocked it is open every fri sat sun daylight to dark thru april I believe 153 and amnicola hwy

rsimms

mbee5855 - 1/28/2018 2:06 PM

Rsimms thanks a ton! Just throwing jigs/small spinners or do they tend to like the bobber tipped with a minnow approach?

That or jig under a float... That's a great technique on shallower shorelines as the spawn approaches.... March through early April. However at the bridge water is deep, you're better off throwing plain jigs (1/32 or 1/16 ox.) worked slow.

Savage78

Hiawassee is always good, from the power house down for trout. it has rainbows and brown trout. if your lucky you can catch a giant!