You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

New trolling motor lights
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
   Fishing Boats, Motors, Trailering, Q & A or Discussion

Posted by Backwaterjigs
2/1/2018 8:12 AM
Just wanted to see if anyone on hear had used our is using the minn kota trolling motor light and is worth the money does it really help with visibility just wanted to make sure before I decided to put one on my boat not sure how long they been out but a friend of mine said they hadn’t been out very long just curious to see how they working out
Posted by Volfish
2/1/2018 8:49 AM
Also is there a fix for no arrow light on the ulterror for night fishing?
Posted by Silverfish
2/1/2018 9:45 AM
If your talking about your direction arrow on the trolling motor, you just pop off the arrow disc and bulb is under it
Posted by Carl
2/1/2018 10:51 AM
You talking about this one? If so, its a good thought. But keeping it off your roller when loading/ unloading is almost impossible. I know most that have installed it, have removed it....or it the roller removed it.

https://www.ebay.com/i/162641547521?chn=ps
Posted by Backwaterjigs
2/1/2018 1:06 PM
Yes that is the one I was asking about thanks for the heads up about the roller that’s why asked before I just went out and bought it
Posted by Silverfish
2/2/2018 8:16 AM
I have one on my Ranger, never had any trouble with it hitting the roller, don't think the amount of light output justifies the cost.... if you want to use it for running at night there are better lights out there ....
Posted by Carl
2/2/2018 8:31 AM
I know of at least 4 local that have lost the lights. There was a huge thread a while back on BBC and that was the one complaint. If you want a good light, for a great price, you can not beat these. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014W65B1U/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o...
Posted by Volfish
2/2/2018 2:52 PM
thanks!
Posted by finbully
2/2/2018 3:05 PM
If it lights up the reflective material on the bouys that is good for me. I'm getting one on my new Ranger. We shouldn't be driving around at night blinding each other with 1,000,000 candle power lights anyway. You don't want to blind the person heading at you!
Posted by Hooker
2/2/2018 8:57 PM
Luv mine and yes I seen one busted off because of the roller,,,not mine,,,,,that all depends on how your Tmotor is mounted n how yoy launch n load
Posted by Ranger020
2/3/2018 12:46 AM
i have one on my ranger and never had any problem with it hitting the roller. puts off pretty decent amount of light for its size
Posted by Backwaterjigs
2/3/2018 2:16 PM
Well I bit the bullet and bought one yesterday and installed it on my Triton it don’t look like the roller issue will be a problem for my boat and also I think that it will produce enough light to see the bouys and that’s all I was looking for so I’ll test it out and let you guys know what I think about it also thanks for all the input
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser
Action Alarms DJs Electronics Keller Williams Realty Piscifun Scenic City Fishing Matt Sage Insurance Tenn. Fishing

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
August 2018
SMTWTFS
      1 2 3 4
5 6» 7 8 9 10 11
12 13» 14 15 16 17» 18»
19» 20» 21 22 23 24 25
26» 27» 28 29 30 31  

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)
Aug 17 CATCH
Aug 17 ---
Aug 18 RHS Bass Splash 8p.m-2a.m
Aug 19 Dream chasers open tournament
Aug 20 Hiwassee/58 Tournament Series
Aug 26 Dream chasers open tournament CFP
Aug 27 Hiwasee/58 Tournament CLASSIC

Advertiser

Random Photo
mess of cats

"mess of cats"
Album: Fishing

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2018 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software