Guided Bass Fishing Trip at Disney World

Have a business trip coming up in May and was curious if any of you have ever done one of the guided bass fishing trips at Disney. If so, is it worth it or should I look to do a guided trip somewhere else?

rsimms

I did it once at the encouragement of another CFF member (MrWhiskers). I would recommend doing it at least once. It is quite novel fishing in the shadow of the Magic Kingdom. I believe you can opt for traditional fishing (artificial baits only) or live bait. We did a live bait trip (with another couple, inexperienced anglers). We were fishing off a comfortable pontoon boat (again using live bait).

We caught a lot of fish... nothing really big, maybe 3 or 4 lbs. tops. And actually many of the bass looked a bit malnourished (big heads but no body). But it was a fun fours hours... a very novel experience and I was glad I did it. Not sure I'd be rushing to do it again, but glad I tried it.

Attachments

• cff_bass1.jpg
    cff_bass1.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 206
  • cff_bass2.jpg
    cff_bass2.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 219
  • cff_bass3.jpg
    cff_bass3.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 209
  • cff_bass4.jpg
    cff_bass4.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 213
Thanks Richard, very helpful insight. How early did you book your trip? I read online you need to book 180 days in advance, I may have missed my chance.

on fish

shout at me , I have a bunch of friends who are guides in that area

rsimms

FlippinManiac - 2/11/2018 7:38 PM

Thanks Richard, very helpful insight. How early did you book your trip? I read online you need to book 180 days in advance, I may have missed my chance.

I don't think 180 days is necessary. I did book in advance, but I know it wasn't that far out. I'm betting booking for May should be no problem. BTW, here's a story I wrote about our experience: http://rheareview.com/gone-fishin-in-the-magic-kingdom/

I booked via this website: https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/recreation/fishing/

churly

I’m headed down with the rug rats for Spring break. I was trying to decide whether or not to book a trip....Thanks for posting

Thanks everyone for the help and feedback. The more I think about it and the more reviews I read, I think I’m leaning toward a Toho trip. Won’t have a car though so I may need the guide to pick me up too! :)

MrWiskers

You don’t have to book that far out. I have fished down there 4-5 times. Fish the Disney Spring lake if you can. Better quality fish. If you want cool scenery fish the EPCOT resort lake. PM me and I can give you more details </p>

</p>

Cowboy Up

I grew up fishing a lot around central Florida and on Disney property. If you have never fished at Disney, I highly recommend it. Especially if you are taking kids. I have always had the best luck on Bay Lake/Seven Seas Lagoon, leaving from Wilderness Lodge. We typically catch a large quantity of Bass in Disney between 2-4 lbs. Never caught a giant but have caught as many as 50 bass in a 2 hour trip. You can fish live or artificial bait or both.