Helix 7 start up time when loaded with Lakemaster maps

aegiles

Has anyone had problems with the amount of time it takes a Helix 7 Gps/sonar unit to start up once loaded with Lakemaster maps. My unit has no response for 20-30 seconds after initiating the start up button. Almost seems I need to hit the button again but waiting long enough it comes on. My Helix mega 9 responds immediatley with the same Lakemaster chip. Is this a processor issue or could it be something else. Helix 7 is on the bow, Helix 9 at driver console.

Mine takes forever to load the maps when it starts. It also has problems keeping up with the location of the boat sometimes if the map is zoomed in.
There may be too much detail in the map for it to process.
I’ve been disappointed in the performance of mine. Probably would buy something else if I knew what I know now.

aegiles

hard to figure all this out before hand unless you've got first hand knowledge. Got the Helix 7 gps/sonar to run through the Minn Kota Ultrex transducer. On the front end it didn't make sense to spend more $$ on another helix 9 mega or unit with SI DI when those features can't be used through the US2 transducer. Never considered Lakemaster may require the higher end processor to eliminate this kind of issue. The unit does work with Lakemaster maps and is still a great mapping system, so its not a waste, just seems like it's never going to fire up. Guess just have to get use to it. Still better than spending several hundred $$ more for a unit that you can use all its functions.

Lx545

My helix 5 is the same way. I just moved it to the bow and replaced it with a 10. 10 is lightning fast compared to 5. My best suggestion is make sure vessel offset is on and zoom out a good bit when running to eliminate the lag.

Aries 181

The main reason why I upgraded to a Helix 10 over the 7 was the lag in mapping with the smaller unit. Liked it so much, I put another one up front.

Bill