What percentage of your fishing tackle purchases are made online?

Innaaa

I'm curious what everyone's general purchase preference when buying fishing tackle.

For me, not only for fishing tackle, i buy 70% what i need online. emoAngler

lafae7

I'm so ashamed. I buy most everything from bass pro and cabelas. I'm going to go sit in the shame corner right now.

Simpl3Man2014

Yea, I’ll join you in that corner. I’m an instant gratification kind of guy. If it’s not Cabela’s or BPS, it’s academy or sportsman’s warehouse.

churly

75% on line. I don’t have to drive anywhere so I save gas, and the cost is so much better than retail.

Dunno what I'd do without Tackle Whorehouse. I'd say 90% of my fishing $$ go to online purchases. There are a few odds-n-ends I get from local shops or small scale producers.

porthos33

^^^^I feel yah Churly, I'm at about 85% online and it is b/c I save so much more money. Bass pro prices make me cringe!

Kickerfish

I would say Im at least 90% online. Thankfully BPS and Cabelas arent as close to me so I am happy using online retailers.

hoop235

I'm about 10% or less online. I try to do most of my business locally. Yes I pay more but I like helping the local guys and for those of us who can't get out very often, it helps with staying in touch with whats hot right now.

Tenncrapie

I'm guessing 80% from Grizzly Jig co. If more people took a look at it they would too. The other 20 I try and buy from folks with in the chattanooga area and those who advertise on this forum.

Oldman

90-95% on line.would rather buy local but with prices it is a no brainer to me.i all so make my jigs spinner baits and plastics.

CATCHMAN

Fishtales is less than a mile from my house and I pass it at least twice a day, so I stop in there. I don't buy tons because I am a mostly crank bait guy and I try
not to get sucked in on what everybody says I ought to go buy. Maybe I should listen more because that plan hasn't worked lately. LOL

Kickerfish

Kickerfish - 3/6/2018 8:03 AM

I would say Im at least 90% online. Thankfully BPS and Cabelas arent as close to me so I am happy using online retailers.

I should change this post a little bit. I will always purchase baits that were made locally. I like throwing Soddy Custom's jigs, spinnerbaits and chatterbaits.

FishingwithRusty

95% of my fishing purchases are made online, i dont have a good shop near me or id buy more locally :(

Rob Lee

Most tackle, reels and accessories come from Tackle Warehouse. I do buy some things from Academy and Sportsman Warehouse. Bass Pro, Cabelas not so good. Dick’s...don’t waste your time. Just my opinion.

flyman

I also make my own Jigs, Spinner-baits, Chatter-baits, Shaky heads, Silver-buddies and drop shots. only things I buy are plastics and crank-baits
all the hooks for my baits come from fish-tails

98% online mostly from landbigfish & tackle warehouse. why because delivered to my door easier to find what I'm looking for save on gas and no sales tax.

jwkiker79

Most everything comes from bass pro, I have bought from some mom and pop shops. For some reason I feel like I'm at least helping the local economy, even the big chain stores hire locals.