Standard prop for boat

Johna

Friend of mine just had lower unit replaced on his 60 hp 4 stroke Merc on a tracker 175 tx. Dealer has tried 2-3 times to replace the prop and none have worked. Does anyone know what prop comes on these boats? Thanks

river rat

Is he using the same prop as before could be the gear ratio in the new unit is different

Johna

Although the original prop has a few dings it still performs as usual. I think the dealer that replaced the unit is trying to unload a cheaper prop on him. According to what I have found out so far the original prop is 10 3/8X14 3 blade. Found a video where guy tested a Mercury spitfire 10.1X15 4 blade on exact same boat with great results.

Gator

Just take original prop to Dans Prop Shop or Performance Propeller and get it reworked. It will be just like new.

camaro88z

Performance prop in Soddy Daisy can have him fixed with easy. They know what they are doing.

G

i got a tracker pro 175 with a 75hp 4 stroke and i am runnuing a 21p 13 3/4 on mine.but i think it needs a 19p. mine runs 4800rpm and it goes 42 to 43mph.

lafae7

Plus one vote for engine height. It will take a lot of hp to blow out because of improper prop selection. For example an an Allison with 300 hp could blowout off the line. Not so much a tracker. P.s. My buddy has same boat. I'll ask him and get his engine height. Tomorow

Fshn Cpa

Could be the plugs on the prop. I had a similar problem with my E-Tec 200 and went to smaller hole plugs.

silvertalon

IMO, the best comment I've seen in this thread is; The dealer is using after market props rather than original Quicksilver merc prop. Just bring the original to Tim at Performance Propeller and have it rebuilt. fyi, I don't see where there is an after market lower unit for the 4 stroke 60. Only 75 hp and up so, It is most likely a Merc replacement gearcase. All trackers have the engines mounted the same height at the factory. Make sure you don't have a transducer or something causing air turbulence at the prop.

Johna

This weekend the dealer finally gave him the correct prop. Everything is fine now. Prop along with lower unit was covered by insurance. Thank for all the replies.