bait caster

Oldman

just wondering what you guys thought was the best all round reel.(distance/smoothest/dependable and affordable.i am mainly a shimano guy but some of the new daiwa reels sound pretty good.lets here it. emoScratch emoPoke

jason

I picked up a Daiwa Tatula SV a few weeks ago and it’s the smoothest reel I’ve thrown thus far. It flicked a 1/4oz swimjig with ease and the distance was similar to my BB1 Pro with heavier lures. It’s too early for me to give it a thorough review but so far I’m impressed.

Oldman

yes jason i have been looking at several of those models and i do like what i am reading about them.

FishingwithRusty

Piscifun Perseus(threw arig on this reel all winter, caught several over 7lbs and a bunch of smaller) and Phantom have wound miles of line this winter with no issues at a fraction of the price of other reels.

porthos33

Shimano K is putting up numbers on youtube that are phenomenal! I'm a fan of the lew's reels that have the 4 pin centrifugal brakes (MSB). Only complaint with them is the thumb bar feels cheap and on a few of them the anti reverse just releases when i am jerkbaiting. But they cast a country mile and really perform well into the wind. I love the bb1 pro too. But the Shimano K performance is really intriguing!! I will have to have one very soon

Daiwa Tatula for me

Bait casting & Spinning

Daiwa Tatula SV, as fine a reel as I have found at that price point. I like the Lews Tourney Pros too, but as far as controlling the bait you fish from a small little 3 inch swimbait on a 3/16th head up to a big whopper plopper the Tatula SV is as good as I have found. Plus once you get it dialed in it makes skipping a dock with a baitcaster much easier.

Oldman

well i finally bit the bullet and ordered a sv 8.1.1, sure hope i will like it.i guess time will tell.

churly

Ive got about 20 shimanos. they seem to hold up over time for me. Ive had terrible luck out of Abu and Lews when I tried them. I'll vouch for the curado Ks! Ive got 2 and I love them so far.

RRB32

Shimano all the way for me.. Ive got 4 of the new Curado K's and are the best reels Ive used to date. Love them

Oldman

most of my reels are shimano too but just got to know if any body has gotten better

Rob Lee

Great thread. As always good response and opinions. I use Lews and Revos. Seriously considering a Tatula and Shimano. Thanks.