Lowrance problems

Bigrman

Needing help on why my lowrance hd 7 won’t power on and also hd 10 screen flickers.. wanting someone to diagnose and look at my units on my boat.. going insane trying to figure it all out... all help needed

rstewart

I have a similar issue with mine, first version of HDS7. It will power on but takes about 5-10 min. I had thought that it was due to not enough power in the battey so I bought a brand new cranking batter, 1000 CCA, and it still does the same thing.
Additionally when I turn on the sidescan/downscan transducer and start the engine the unit "reboots" itself and it takes another 5-10 min for it to come on.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

My hummingbird would reboot every time I started my engine. I fixed it by switching the positive and negative wires that went from the unit to the battery the guy that installed my unit ran speaker wire from the battery to the console he had hooked the wires up backwards negative to positive\ positive to negative.

jb366

For both I would suggest pulling the units out of the boat and hooking them up directly to a fully charged battery. If they power up and don't act up check your connections for your graph power wires to make sure they're still tight and not corroded. If everything looks good check your voltage at the power wires at bow and console. If voltage is more than a couple 10th's below your battery charge, upsize your wire to both locations hooking directly to the battery with a fuse block or inline fuse.

finbully

Check all wiring connections for tightness too. They can vibrate loose on our boats.

Oops saw jb366 just said that.... emoBang