Auto Zoom versus no zoom versus manual zoom

danrnsmyth

I have a Gamin 93sv and although I am not sure lowrance or hummingbird have the same options, I wondered if there is a simple answer for what the difference is in the auto versus no zoom options on the function of a unit. It looks like manual allows a preset range of zoom on side vu and down vu, but not sure what auto does or does not do.

For example if in auto can you still hit the plus or minus button and have it zoom in or out?

silvertalon

The way they work on my Lowrance Gen 2's- Auto range is for the side scan. Works good. Basically, to get a consistant looking screen, for every 5' of depth, it will zoom out to the next scale range. eg; 10' depth -10X5 = 50' scale . 7' would be the 35' scale etc. I usually use manual and set my scale accordingly- whichever gives the most detail- usually the lower scale settings are best. Trying to zoom out too far will only give you a darker side image with small detail. Hope this helps.

lafae7

I just leave all mine on auto. It's kinda like bottom lock. I've used manual before but that was for rare occasions.