Thinking of moving to Chattanooga area

Mylesmason

</p>

</p>

Hi, thanks for the ad, really like your fishing forum. My family and I are thinking of moving to the Cleveland/Chattanooga area in June or July depends of work and finding a place to live. I currently live in Colorado, and I'm a avid fisherman, mostly fish for walleye, bass, and anything except trout (its a Colorado thing). I've got a couple of questions</p>

In Colorado most our lake are like a puddle compared to yours so I fish at night a bunch from a boat, way less people and well better fishing, Do many fisherman fish at night?</p>

Also in Colorado we have this stupid thing called ANS inspections, where as a boat owner you must have you boat inspected before you can put on any lake and to top of that you can only get on the water at certain times summer is usually 6am- 10 pm. in the winter you cant put on at all. Yes very dumb.oh and next year you have to buy a ANS sticker along with you boat registration. Do you have anything like that?</p>

Do you have to pay to launch a boat? In Colorado we have to buy a state parks pass for state lakes, and a County pass for county lakes which equal out to being about 200 a year and that's if you don't go to mountain lakes that are a county or state lake.</p>

Thank you for your time, I really look forward to using this site to and maybe meeting some of you once we finally get to move, I'm coming out in a couple weeks to check the area out and have a couple job interviews lined up.</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Welcome to Chatt. You have the option of either? State parks are free and there are a few privates that charge a nominal fee. Just be aware the Chick is one of the busiest lakes I’ve been on. Patience is a virtue lol

Mylesmason

We have plenty of options where to live, I work in the health care field and only need to live 30 min from that hospital for call reasons. When you say busy are you talking rec boats, aka water skiers, jet skies, cruisers or fisherman? Our lakes closes to me the biggest one is 7 miles long maybe 1/2 mile wide and will have 150 plus boats depending on parking on a weekend and its one on one off due to parking. that's pretty much the biggest lake around me and the other ones are smaller then that maybe a little bit wider and will have that many boats with zero ways of fishing unless you anchor and bob like a bobber. That's why I like to fish at night, I'm kind of night owl when it comes to fishing. I'll fish during the day with my kids but night time my quiet time away from the family.

Gator

Chickamauga is really popular and has been producing great sacks of bass for a few years so it’s busy on weekends. Yes, there are cruisers, jet skiers, fishermen, and anything else that floats that come here. If you’re able to fish on weekdays will be ok. It’s a beautiful lake and this area is great for all outdoor sports.

Smalliefan2

Chick , Tennessee river system is huge compared to Colorado. Plenty of places to fish, just a lot more boat traffic than you are used to. The ANS ( aquatic nuisance species) inspection doesn't happen in Tn. I have been inspected in other states, not here. The public launches on the TVA lakes are free. Corps of Engineer lakes I paid $2-3 per launch, or $ 25 for a season pass, that was years ago. There are some private launches that charge a fee. I don't use them. Night fishing is popular, starting late May and later, to escape the heat, and recreational traffic. There are a fair number of night tournaments, if you fish competitively.