Invasive carp heading toward Chattanooga!!!

aliciaayers

Well again, need to read todays paper , Monday April 2, some more bad news for our lake . Biologista with the U.S.Fish and Wildlife service have found carp as close as Decatur, Ala. meaning they have a few locks to navigate before entering Tennessee . Dang, that means they will be in Guntersville sooner than later, and I wish I hadn't read the paper today, all bad news !!!!!! I wish someone could tell me some good news like the fishing has picked up or something , but I know that hasn't happened causeIi've been out there with a buddy or two and all we caught were a few little shorts

bassnbuck

Asian Carp? I caught an Asian Carp on Nick-A-Jack last year and seen several more on the surface doing their little splashing fit. I didn't catch it on a rod. I netted it trying to get my jig back. Me and my bro were graphing some deep ledges when we saw what looked to be a bass on bottom. I told my bro that's a 7 lber. First cast with a 3/4 oz jig thump. Set the hook, pulled a couple of times, felt a limb or something then line broke. 10-15 seconds later fish comes up to the surface and starts kickin around in circles, netted it and when I looked in its mouth it was just a dark hole. All throat, no mouth. I'm certain it was an Asian Carp and it was right around 7 pounds.