1988 Norris Craft 1750xl eve - Livewell Question

JohnnyG

We never use the livewell on our boat as we only fish recreationally (as much as we can! Lol) and just catch and release. I installed a Minn Kota Mk345PC charger earlier this week and I’ve noticed that the cranking/accessories battery takes longer to charge and if not hooked up to the charger it loses SOC too quick for my liking as the trolling batteries do not. Just put this battery in two weeks ago, Optima D31M. It tests fine when everything is taken off and when everything is hooked up, SOH is 100%. I’m pretty sure it’s some kind of parasitic drain from accessories. I started looking and noticed the livewell buttons. It has an up/dn flip switch that has three positions - up to Auto, middle no label, and down to Manual. I’ll try to post a pic later. But the switch was knocked into the up/Auto position. Should it be in the middle, would that be the off position? I can just unhook it from the back another day but I was wondering if the middle position on this button meant it was off. I may also put some accessories post on so that when I go to charge I can easily remove all but the charger. If you have any information about the livewell button I’d appreciate it. Thanks.

Mr. S

Yes the middle position would be off...

on fish

Grew up in a Norris craft ,the center is off. Up for autol and knob sets run time down of course for manual