CFF's Royalty EricM has passed on to the big lake. :( Arrangements announced

SpurHunter

I wanted to give an unfortunate update about Eric Maurer. He passed away today from heart and lung complications. He will be sorely missed here and in the entire fishing world.
Details of service arrangements to follow.

Attachments

• 021048BF-4A6B-4D6B-A792-97C7BAC08C36.jpeg
    021048BF-4A6B-4D6B-A792-97C7BAC08C36.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 462
  • eric.png
    eric.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 493

porthos33

Re: CFF's Royalty EricM has passed on to the big lake. :(

Ah!! That stinks!!! After all his crazy journeys that he has been through, I hate this one had to take him. Super guy, he always Helped me with the igfa stuff when I needed. Definitely will be praying for his family!

cuonthelake

RE: CFF's Royalty EricM has passed on to the big lake. :(

His "larger than life" personality, post, catches, an presence will be greatly missed an wonderfully celebrated.
I had one of my favorite fishing trips with him in pursuit of a TARP big blue catfish. I remember that trip as if it was yesterday. Not only was my arms sore from landing that monster fish, my side an facial muscles where sore as well. I never laughed an smiled as much as I did that day. My life is better having known him. His laughter I'll carry in my heart. Prayers sent out to his family especially his wife Mary.

Strato-G

emoAngel Er1c w1ll be m1ssed. saw on the lake several t1mes work1ng the CAT...rest well.... emoGeezer emoUSA

Oldman

you will be missed.praying for family.

Jmax

Sorry to hear that also. :( He was one of the best guys I had the privilege of meeting on the forum and going fishing with over the year. Like already mentioned his laugh and stories will be remembered by me until my day comes. emoAngel Jmax

BassERT

Sad to hear but I pray for his family for strength and grace.
Great guy I and my wife will miss him
I'm sure I will still see him fishing his favorite "spots" on a different plane
God speed emoAngel

emoCool

elwestb

Sad to hear this!

foodsaver

He was one heck of a fisherman and I don't think you could find a finer person if you tried.

Dropshot

Staff member

Great person. He will be missed my many. Prayers and condolences to his family and many friends.

I just saw this and it is hard for me to believe. What a huge personality,great person and the best Cat fisherman I know. Thanks Eric for all you have done in this life to bring people together through fishing. Words cannot express how much you will be missed. Prayers sent for Mrs Mary and the family. May God keep you and hold you during this time.

Biofisher

tndoe270

Eric you will be missed by many I had the pleasure of seeing and talking with you several times at the nuke while you were chasing those line class records, to the family you truly had a wonderful man in Eric M, I pray God is with you during this time, no one will ever be able to report like he did on this forum, he brought many laughs and tears just reading reports, one of the best I remember is the auto deploy trolling motor while driving to the lake, that was one of many reports her shared with us. Thank you Eric you'll truly be missed by many. God Bless!

Muskrat

I haven't logged into the forum for awhile but had to when I heard about EricM. So many great memories of Eric on this forum and fishing near him at the Nuke plant all the time years ago. I bought my first cast net watching Eric often catching his bait early in the morning to start his day. I never could throw a perfect circle like he could though. He was an amazing fisherman and an even greater person. He shared tips...his own bait...weighed and measured a big cat I caught a time or two, etc. He was always in a great mood and laughing and you just couldn't help but to interact with him in the same way. Anyone that was fortunate enough to know him had their lives enriched. Deb and I send prayers to his family.

Gator

Really sorry to hear this! He will be missed by many!

Liveliner

Eric is One of the old regulars who represent CFF and made everyone who knew him Proud. I learned a few Tricks from that old Catfish Whisper. He will Be Missed. RIP Sir.