dual pro charger

Oldman

looking for a good dual pro 3 bank charger.must be 15 amps per bank and work on all 3.any out there at decent price? emoPoke emoScratch

djsmarinelectronics

In stock at DJ's Marine

djsmarinelectronics

PM sent Larry

WaterChap

Someone explain to me how this works. I have one cranking battery and two trolling batteries (24v). My engine charges the cranking batt and I cart off the trolling batts to the house every time to charge them. If I get one of these chargers y’all are talking about, does that mean my engine will now charge all three?

BassVol

It's just an on board charger mounted in your boat all you do is plug it in when u get home. No carting batteries or chargers. A 2 bank will charge 2 batteries and 3 will do 3 batteries.

I have a 2 bank professional series Dual Pro if interested. Shoot me a PM

WaterChap

My challenge is that I store my boat at a friend’s house. He lets me use his RV port, but there’s no electricity. He gives me free storage and I let him help me work on my boat.

I was reading in a marine electronics book that the engine puts out far more juice than is needed to keep the cranking batt topped off, so I’m hoping there’s a device which can harness that to top off my trolling batts on the water.

Smalliefan2

The motor can charge the starting battery. If I run long enough, my starting battery is near 100% when I charge. Your trolling batteries are not hooked to the same circuit. I also doubt the alternator on the motor is high enough amperage to recharge three batteries. I would recommend a three bank charger for your boat.

jbh3

If you're running any accessories (graphs, pumps, lights, etc) off your starting battery, I wouldn't depend on your engine to do more than maintain the charge on a battery that is fully charged at the beginning of each trip. Agree that the 3-bank on-board charger would be the best solution.

Oldman

yep u r right but i had to order tires and wheels for boat ,charger will have to go on back burner for a bit.but that is what i will get for sure.

Oldman

i saw that bill but i wanted a dual pro.found one and it should be here tomorrow.thanks guys