When can you normally see the lake grass emerging?

Just wondering if anyone had a good feel yet for what this years grass crop is going to look like. Really don't want to rehash to spray/no spray debate LOL, but was curious as to when we will know what its going to look like. I've been finding sporadic clean green grass on occasion but really don't know when it will start to approach the surface.

Thank you much. This site is a great place for lake knowledge.

RRB32

I've been seeing a lot of new growth mid lake.. looks to me like its going to be a decent, it will really take off with this hot weather

churly

Ive seen milfoil, niad, and the beginings of some hydrilla alreay

jb366

I haven't really looked for shallow grass yet but my deep patches I know about somehow survived the winter.
I hope we have a good year for grass. Grass edges with big swimbaits and chatterbaits is one of my favorite ways to fish and it was hard to do last year with minimal grass. A good crop of grass keeps some pressure off the ledges too

jb366 - 5/16/2018 10:26 AM

I haven't really looked for shallow grass yet but my deep patches I know about somehow survived the winter.
I hope we have a good year for grass. Grass edges with big swimbaits and chatterbaits is one of my favorite ways to fish and it was hard to do last year with minimal grass. A good crop of grass keeps some pressure off the ledges too

Me too. I’m from wnc originally but caught the bass in bug while living in south Florida. Grass was everywhere and my confidence still goes up every time I fish where there’s good clean grass. Sounds like from the responses in this thread, so far so good!!!!!