You are logged in as a guest. ( Logon | Register Now! )

Trolling motor maintenance?
Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
   Fishing Boats, Motors, Trailering, Q & A or Discussion

Posted by Springmillvol
5/20/2018 6:23 AM
I have a basic 55lb minn Kota that is starting to stick a little. Just over a year old. Anyone have any advice of where to lubricate to make sure it operates as it should ?

Thanks
Posted by BustinBass197
5/21/2018 2:17 PM
Are you talking about the mount or the actual motor?
Posted by Springmillvol
5/21/2018 2:33 PM
It doesn’t want to turn smoothly. Wouldn’t turn at all a couple of times until I manually turned it to loosen it up. Didn’t know if there were any places to lubricate it to help.
Posted by BustinBass197
5/21/2018 2:39 PM
No lubrication on actual motor. Cable might be froze up. Should be an adjustment under the pedal somewhere to tighten/loosen the cable. Not many motors out there on the lower end of product lines that are worth the money. I hate Minn Kota but run a fortrex. Its really noisy compared to my motor guide tour I use to run, but motorguide does not make a trolling motor I would buy anymore. If it stays outdoors when not used it could be froze up and need replaced. If the actual prop will not turn could be a number of problems that might cost more than you paid for the motor in the beginning.
Posted by Springmillvol
5/21/2018 2:52 PM
I'm hoping the cable just had a kink in it or there was some grit on the shaft that broke loose. It seemed to do ok after I physically made it turn. I will look at the tensioner adjustment before I go out next. Boat stays in the garage and honestly hasn't been used that much relatively speaking.
Posted by BustinBass197
5/21/2018 3:02 PM
Also can be hard to turn if the cable is not relatively straight
Spread the word

del.icio.us Digg Furl Reddit BB Google Ma.gnolia Netscape Simpy StumbleUpon Technorati Live Yahoo!

Jump to page : 1
Now viewing page 1
Jump to forum :
Search this forum
Printer friendly version
E-mail a link to this thread

Advertiser
Action Alarms DJs Electronics Keller Williams Realty Piscifun Scenic City Fishing Matt Sage Insurance Tenn. Fishing

Advertiser

CFF Calendar
October 2018
SMTWTFS
  1 2 3 4 5 6
7» 8 9 10 11 12 13»
14 15 16 17 18 19 20
21» 22 23 24 25 26 27
28 29 30 31      

Upcoming events (next 2 weeks)
Oct 21 Dream chasers open tournament

Advertiser

Random Photo
Chick Dam Drum 9.23.12

"Chick Dam Drum 9.23.12"
Album: owtdoorguy's adventures

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright © 1996-2018 All rights reserved.
Duplication in whole or in part of this Web site without express written consent is prohibited.
CFF Privacy Policy

Running MegaBBS ASP Forum Software
© 2002-2018 PD9 Software