I need a test ride in a small tinny 10x40; 12x36; 12x42 14x48 etc.

richg99

For a small pond, I need a lightweight boat that I can row. NO motors are allowed where I will use the boat.

I do have a 2.4 hp older Merc. that I can use on other bodies of water nearby, though. I have to be able to haul the boat in and out of that pond by myself, so lightweight is a good thing.

I am old, tall and weigh around 265. Stability is important.

I am hoping someone has a Jon boat or something similar in which I could take a ten-minute paddle/ row /push trial run. I do not have to run a motor on it.

I'll bring my own life preserver and meet you almost anywhere that you specify, at whatever time that you like. I'll even buy lunch.

I just want to get a quick trial so that I will know best what kind/size boat that I should buy in the Fall, when I need it.

My wife and I live near Crossville, but I drive to Chick and Watts Bar to fish fairly often.

Any help appreciated. Thanks, richg99

p.s. We spend 6 months here and 6 months in Houston, TX every year. Love it!

bullshot

Might want to check out https://blueskyboatworks.com
Made in TN
Lighter and more usable space than a crawdad, plus faster on the water.
More stable than most the tins too.
Downside is cost but you don't need a trailer either.

EDIT
I won't get in a tin boat that is not at least 42 wide. With 14x48, you might as well go to 16x48 and get better planing and extra room with very little cost and weight increase. Might want to visit tin boat dot net too. Lots of info on electric lake/HP restricted rigs (similar to what you are wanting)

richg99

Thanks...but what I need is a trial paddle in an existing local boat.

I've been a member of tinboats.net forever. I own two tinnys right now. A 1652 G3 here in TN and a 1756 Lowe in Texas. My wife won't drive the van when I have a boat/trailer attached...hence, two boats! Ha Ha

Those Blue Sky boats are sharp...and..very expensive for my needs.

I can wait until I get back to Texas, but, if I do, I start the search from scratch during the best fishing time of the year there. I'd like to hit the ground running in November with a Buy list of one or two boats that I have already been in.
Thanks for all of the help and suggestions. rich