Crestliner VT 17

ap93090

Hey all I am new to Tennessee looking for a bass boat aluminum. I found a Crestliner V 17 with a 2018 60hp mercury and an 70 thrust Minkota edge trolling motor. I was wondering if anyone had this model Crestliner and pros and cons list I will appreciate all information! Thank you in advance

Lx545

I have a triton 2008 vt17 (same boat) with a mercury 50. Its been a great boat. Rides a little rough in rough water but you get used to it. Drafts very little water. Only thing I wish it had was a higher hp rating. Boat would be killer with a 90hp on it.

Lx545

I will say if you are gonna fish the chick all the time you have to learn how to navigate rough water. Summer months in the afternoons are terrible in my boat and you could swamp one real easily with all the yachts and wakeboard boats.

Quinnie

I have exact same boat in 2017 model, and I has Ben great so far. Very Stable while fishing, and personally have had no problem in rough water (take my time though). I would say it rides a little on the rough side, but just marginally.
I have had a couple of minor issues with trailer, but the boat has been treating us well. Now if we can only learn how to catch the “big uns” :).

ChooChooSnakeMan

I have a very similar boat in the Lowe 17HP. The 17HP is rated for 90hp . My tin boat will cruise all day sipping gas at 33mph (on gps), tops out around 43 mph. I've fished three big guys out of it and it wasn't bad. It fishes real well for two. Not sure about the VT17 with a 60. You for sure should go for a long test drive with at least one big guy as a passenger to see how it performs. Cruising speed say at 4500 rpm is way more important than top speed in a tin boat. It really fishes bigger than its size, Jmax and I finished 2nd in a CFF event not long after I got it when his boat was in the shop. Yes it rides rougher than a glass rig but my Lowe does pretty good. I've ran from Harrison Bay to the Dam on the weekend when the water was really stirred up and I never got scared. I just use common sense and don't try to run faster than the boat and driver's capabilities. I feel like up to about a 15 mile range one way is my limit before I start wishing I was in the Skeeter. The Crestliner VT17 has a very good reputation. My lowe has a 75lb 24V trolling motor and most of the time I run it on the lowest setting so a 70lb troller would be very adequate. I love being able to keep my tin boat loaded and ready to go in my garage. Using it takes much less effort than the Skeeter which lives under a travel cover under my deck where 85% of it is covered. I am a big fan of tin bass boats, they fish great, trailer easy, have low maintenance compared to a glass boat, use much less fuel. They do ride rougher and are more influenced by the wind and current. They don't make the speed of a glass boat. I've found that tin boats usually can't be trimmed enough up to really get the hull out of the water because of their hull designs and balance. Most tin boats if trimmed much at all will start to porpoise. Good luck with whatever you decide.