DOVE HUNT!!!!!

FishingwithRusty

alrighty!!!!! got my house in SC sold so now im oficially a TN resident and will get to hunt this year. not that im a big hunter but growing up in AZ opening day of dove season there is like opening day of deer season here. in high school we would skip school on opening day.

so, with all that said.....sept is right around the corner anyone got an open spot to hunt? ive got tva land all around the house but sure would be cool to find someone with a corn or sunflower field.......

pinsandfins

We should just start a dove club and lease a field. That’s what we did in sc. I have the know how and can plant it if anyone has the epuipment or if property owner does. Obviously it would be for next year being that ya gotta play before June

churly

You’ve got time. You start planting wheat a few weeks before the season. Lots of doves are killed on fresh planted wheat fields especially in mid TN. I’ll be in a tree stand on 9/1 in KY

Hooker

Opening day of Dove season around here is just as bad as anywhere else,,,if you dont have a private field be prepared to fight the crowds,,,state leased fields n any wma field worth its salt will have people on them before daylight,,,I'm usually one of those,,,I have not missed opening day in 30yrs,,,threatened to quit a job over it

pinsandfins

We can make it happen. Yeah wheat fields around here can be good for sure just gotta make sure there isn’t any piles of seed laying around planting that late. Sunflower fields with a few corn rows for cover have always worked well for us. Sesame also brings em in thick. If we could find a field and go the wheat route I’d be down for that too. Anyone know some prospective fields? Preferably with some power lines??

camaro88z

Here you can actually bush it.and seeds go everywhere it is ok. Just do not spead seeds tht was not grown. So if some seeds are there from normal agr. process it is ok. That is according to the handbook.

FishingwithRusty

There's a big field right here by the house with a power line through it near the ramp forware branch.I'm not sure that we could do any planting on it though

camaro88z

Do you own it rusty. If so why could you not plant on it? When you say big how big?

churly

Your too late for corn and sunflower to be ready in time for sept. 1. I’d look at doing wheat. It’s super cheap and very easy to plant. Most just broadcast seed and disk in.

FishingwithRusty

No its tva land. 3-5 acres