Who can help with Humminbirds?

Kickerfish

Can you guys recommend/put me in touch with someone that will go out on my boat with me and help me get my graphs set up? I have helix's. I've watched video after video and everyone does something different to their graphs and I just want to be able to understand it all. I don't think that mine is displaying at nearly the capacity that it could.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

djsmarinelectronics

Call Wesley Maples 423/290-9207

Rob Lee

Kickerfish - 6/30/2018 8:46 PM

Can you guys recommend/put me in touch with someone that will go out on my boat with me and help me get my graphs set up? I have helix's. I've watched video after video and everyone does something different to their graphs and I just want to be able to understand it all. I don't think that mine is displaying at nearly the capacity that it could.

In the event you decide to use Mr. Maples would you please provide details? Kind of in the same boat.

Kickerfish

Rob Lee - 7/1/2018 9:42 AM

In the event you decide to use Mr. Maples would you please provide details? Kind of in the same boat.

I promise you you don’t want in my boat. Kind of wondering if I should get the puck for gps as well. My
Chart bounces around so much I can’t stay on a waypoint to save my life.

Triton20xHarris

PM Sent

jb366

The gps puck with heading sensor is a must for the bow. Other than that Helix's are pretty easy to set up imo. Do you have mega units?

Kickerfish

jb366 - 7/2/2018 10:40 AM

The gps puck with heading sensor is a must for the bow. Other than that Helix's are pretty easy to set up imo. Do you have mega units?

I do have the mega units. The 2d, down and side scan are displaying pretty decently but Im sure they can be better. I'm having issues with my way points and staying on them. Ive been on lowrance for majority of time in a boat so its all new to me.

To the guys that left me your number in PM's, I appreciate you and will give you a call this afternoon.

pakjohn

Rob Lee - 7/1/2018 10:42 AM

I booked Wesley yesterday and can give you a positive honest review. I'm a little budget minded and at first wondered about the price but saw that DJS recommended him so I decided to try him out.
He went over my electronics in the parking lot, found the transducer mounted wrong and made adjustments. After about 45 minutes we put in and he spend another 45 minutes setting up the units from factory defaults. The difference was amazing, I'd compare it to the old days when you finally got the tv channel to come into crisp focus. He spend another hour driving my boat to show me different kinds of structure and explaining what I was seeing, really amazing, some of the things I thought was clouds of shad were actually boulders, couldn't tell the difference before. The last hour and a half or so he had me drive around scanning for bass, he told me conditions that would hold bass and I looked for the high current areas he described, bingo! found a school of bass. He showed me how to mark the school and line up the boat to fish them. After a few tries I caught a nice largemouth on a football jig. After more than 4 hours I left him at the dock and went back out on my own to different places I'd tried before with no luck and marked 4 places before re-positioning my boat and casting to them. Out of 4 spots I caught fish on 3 of them.
I'm just learning bass fishing after a lifetime of striper and hybrid, his instruction left me confident I can take friends out and put them on fish, that's worth the money in my book. If nothing else it'll save me a lot of gas idling around casting at sonar returns that isn't fish.
He didn't spend a lot of time explaining frequencies and how the sonar works, if you want that I'm sure he'll cover it. I took pictures of all the settings so if I make an adjustment I can always go back to his settings. He focused on getting the units performing perfectly then explaining how to use them to catch bass, turned out to be exactly what I needed.
Thanks to Johnny and the other forum-ers for recommending him!.

Mudman

I second Hensley Powell. Went with him last yr. 200$ for a 4 hr trip. He will blow your mind with knowledge

Rob Lee

pakjohn - 7/27/2018 8:41 PM

Rob Lee - 7/1/2018 10:42 AM

I booked Wesley yesterday and can give you a positive honest review. I'm a little budget minded and at first wondered about the price but saw that DJS recommended him so I decided to try him out.
He went over my electronics in the parking lot, found the transducer mounted wrong and made adjustments. After about 45 minutes we put in and he spend another 45 minutes setting up the units from factory defaults. The difference was amazing, I'd compare it to the old days when you finally got the tv channel to come into crisp focus. He spend another hour driving my boat to show me different kinds of structure and explaining what I was seeing, really amazing, some of the things I thought was clouds of shad were actually boulders, couldn't tell the difference before. The last hour and a half or so he had me drive around scanning for bass, he told me conditions that would hold bass and I looked for the high current areas he described, bingo! found a school of bass. He showed me how to mark the school and line up the boat to fish them. After a few tries I caught a nice largemouth on a football jig. After more than 4 hours I left him at the dock and went back out on my own to different places I'd tried before with no luck and marked 4 places before re-positioning my boat and casting to them. Out of 4 spots I caught fish on 3 of them.
I'm just learning bass fishing after a lifetime of striper and hybrid, his instruction left me confident I can take friends out and put them on fish, that's worth the money in my book. If nothing else it'll save me a lot of gas idling around casting at sonar returns that isn't fish.
He didn't spend a lot of time explaining frequencies and how the sonar works, if you want that I'm sure he'll cover it. I took pictures of all the settings so if I make an adjustment I can always go back to his settings. He focused on getting the units performing perfectly then explaining how to use them to catch bass, turned out to be exactly what I needed.
Thanks to Johnny and the other forum-ers for recommending him!.

Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a very good experience. I think you have convinced me.

Kickerfish

Mudman - 7/27/2018 9:58 PM

I second Hensley Powell. Went with him last yr. 200$ for a 4 hr trip. He will blow your mind with knowledge

I went with Hensley on a guide trip. He will definitely blow you away with knowledge. He can’t work on Humminbird’s though. Lowrance guy.

pakjohn

Kickerfish - 7/28/2018 7:50 AM

I went with Hensley on a guide trip. He will definitely blow you away with knowledge. He can’t work on Humminbird’s though. Lowrance guy.

I have a Helix 10 and Helix 9 by Humminbird, he knew exactly how to set them up. He seemed very comfortable with them. I had a hard time finding someone good on Humminbird, Johnny from DJS gave me a name of a guy in Soddy that advertised sonar trips but after he didn't answer several voicemail an e-mails I wrote him off.

Kickerfish

pakjohn - 7/28/2018 8:11 AM

Kickerfish - 7/28/2018 7:50 AM

I have a Helix 10 and Helix 9 by Humminbird, he knew exactly how to set them up. He seemed very comfortable with them. I had a hard time finding someone good on Humminbird, Johnny from DJS gave me a name of a guy in Soddy that advertised sonar trips but after he didn't answer several voicemail an e-mails I wrote him off.

Oh. It might be a timing thing. Went out with Hensley a few weeks ago and he said he had signed a document with Lowrance that wouldn’t allow him to do anything with birds. Said he used to work on them though.

wmaples

Hello everyone. I’ve had a few people tag me in this post and I thought I’d come along and see if I can assist. I own Tennessee Valley Sonar. Please check out my Facebook page. I can provide assistance with your humminbirds (or any brand for that matter) I have spent 1000s of hours learning how to make these be the best they can be. I offer trips on Chickamauga and Watts Bar. You will not find someone to work harder to help you understand your equipment than I will. I can provide references from plenty of past customers that have had the same experience that John did on Thursday.

I would love you meet you and get on the water. If I can answer any questions or help you get a SonarU class scheduled please give me a call. (706)264-7545

I also always like to add this. Whether or not you book with me do yourself a favor and use a legitimate company. I pay taxes and have a USCG captains license to operate my business. I will stand behind my product. My customers will tell you that the last thing I tell them is to keep in touch and let me know if you need help. I will assist later, whether next week or two years from now I will be glad to help. Thank you for the recommendations.