Lowrance

cmiller

can somone tell me the best map chip to use for a LOWRANCEHDS-5

djsmarinelectronics

Unfortunately these days there are not a lot of options for Lowrance; you have three choices.......one is a Navionics + Regions map that sales for $150 and a deeper detailed Navionics Hotmaps Platinum Regions card that sales for $200.......if you fish TN and AL you will need two different regions for $300 or $400. The best value is a Navionics + USA/Canada card that has the entire US lakes and sales for $200 and detail is not sacrificed.

djsmarinelectronics

There is also a new card out called "FISHING HOT SPOTS PRO FW - 2018 DIGITAL MAP & FISHING CHIP F/LOWRANCE & SIMRAD UNITS - FRESHWATER" that I have not used and can not attest to the definition or how the contours are spaced, but this card sales for $115

djsmarinelectronics

There is also a new card out called "FISHING HOT SPOTS PRO FW - 2018 DIGITAL MAP & FISHING CHIP F/LOWRANCE & SIMRAD UNITS - FRESHWATER" that I have not used and can not attest to the definition or how the contours are spaced, but this card sales for $115

djsmarinelectronics

Okay, so it has been brought to my attention that both Navionics + Regions and Platinum Hotmaps Regions that TN is now on both the East and South regions; you will now want to buy the South Region to have TN, GA and AL on the same map card. Before this change TN was only on the East region and you needed both East and South to have TN, GA and AL. This is great news!! So remember, Navionics + Regions South and Platinum Hotmaps South include TN, GA and AL which is the best card for our area on the same chip.

Thanks for the heads up Jimmy!

Tn bullet

Any way I can help you Johnny remember any of your lowrance guys that need help send them to me and I will help them with the set up

Mudman

I would wait a month or so till Lowance has the new card out for contour shading before u buy a card. Tn bullet or Others can tell u more than I know about it, but a Lowance guy at Triton owners tx told me about it.

bronzeback45

I also heard a rumor that Lowrsnce is fed up with Motorguide and is designing their own Trolling Motor, to compete with the Minn Kota's Ultrex.

djsmarinelectronics

Mudman - 7/5/2018 10:17 AM

I would wait a month or so till Lowance has the new card out for contour shading before u buy a card. Tn bullet or Others can tell u more than I know about it, but a Lowance guy at Triton owners tx told me about it.

This is already available on the latest update for the Gen3 and Carbon; it gives you contour shading and fish reveal.

cmiller

One more question? Can I pull the Navionics map card out of my Hummingbird and put it into this Hummingbird?

djsmarinelectronics

Yes, Navionics map cards work in both Humminbird or Lowrance, they are not specific.