My first true Chickamauga fishing experience

cbpbullet

We were down yesterday for it was my 3rd time on the lake my partners second. We were in Harrison bay fishing and got to witness a pretty ugly argument. Lots of "how about I just whip your a**" then came the "i got something to take care of people like you", then both parties repeatedly saying "shut the f*** up and fish".
It was pretty ugly. It left me kinda disappointed in what things are coming to. We are driving 180 miles 1 way for a chance at a double digit fish and really want one, but if it comes to a lot of that I won't be back. We try and be respectful and I don't really like fishing within 200 yards of anyone else, so I dont think we will ever have any problems but who knows.
It was a good trip probably 20 fish 1 LM over 6 and 1 smallie around 4.5. Thank you TVA

camaro88z

With lake thus popular some people tempers flair. Gets old sometimes when people come right up on you. I forsure can't say I have never been in them myself. Sounds like you had a good day of fishing tho. But I have seen arguments on lakes not this crowded as well.

Gator

Congrats on a good day on our lake.

Sorry you had to see some hot heads but for the most part everybody gets along. I’ve fished Chickamauga for over 50 years. I have never seen anything like you described but I never fish on crowded days like weekends and Holidays.

jb366

It's only going to get worse. Too many of these guys fishing the lake spend their day following other boats around. It's worse now with the offshore bite. Everyone seems to think that every spot is a community hole and they can just pull up beside you and fish.

camaro88z

Yeap jb I agree. Me and a buddy of mine wad fishing a pt. Boat came up on the next pt to us seen us catching fish. He instantly went to the helm and dropped a weigh or where we was. Then they took off.

FishingwithRusty

sounds like you had a productive trip. unfortunate you had to witness that kind of bs though. not everyone is like that so i doubt you'll likely see something like that again. sad thing is, it was probably guys fishing a $30 dog fight and loosing all perspective :)