Parksville

There never seems to be much conversation about Parksville - does anyone have a report on bass, brim or perch ? Also, has anyone had any success on the Hiwassee ? If so what part ? The old mill dam on the Calhoun side attracts a lot of fish, but they are small...and getting smaller. I've hauled some fish dinners outa there, lately. The path back to the river is accessible and well trimmed - I know, cuz I took a weedeater back there and trimmed it !

porthos33

There aren't to many posts from there anymore. The main guys that used to post about it don't post much anymore. It's always a fun lake to fish!

Well...Maybe nobody wants to share their secrets ! I am using a kayak, so I'm looking for fish reasonably close to a ramp. Which ramp would give me the best access ? Does the slough at King's slough have any depth of water between the ramp and the main lake, and maybe schools of perch ? It's a good ways out to the main lake, and I haven't tried that area...Yet.

GSUbasser

If you were to put in at Kings it would not feel as intimidating in a kayak as main lake like Ocoee Inn. If I remember correctly it’s 30+ feet deep at the mouth of Kings

JEEPnFISH

I went to Kings Slough last labor day. It was crystal clear and looked DEEP. It was before I got my cheapo depth finder but it looked20+.

Thanks for the replies and info. So what is a "cheapo" depth finder ? I use an eagle cuda, which was around $80 a couple years ago, and they have gone up since then. I know you can spend hundreds of dollars on sonar. Harbor Freight had a cheap one - but I've never tried it and don't know anything about it. Life without sonar is hard to imagine..even in a Kayak !

porthos33

All the ramps there give you a great opportunity to catch fish. Kings Slough is right in the heart of where some big spots are. The 64 ramp puts you beside a giant grass flat and has a lot of lay downs. You can paddle over to sylco and there are some nice sized LM in there too. Keep your spook handy, b/c they come up in the jumps all the time this time of year

JEEPnFISH

jaygivens70 - 7/26/2018 1:56 PM

Thanks for the replies and info. So what is a "cheapo" depth finder ? I use an eagle cuda, which was around $80 a couple years ago, and they have gone up since then. I know you can spend hundreds of dollars on sonar. Harbor Freight had a cheap one - but I've never tried it and don't know anything about it. Life without sonar is hard to imagine..even in a Kayak !

Mine is similar to what HF has, I bought from AMAZON, $45. Can't remember the brand. LCD, depth, water temp, fish, bottom structure.