Tilt And trim

bullet02

Looking for a tilt and trim for a 1989 40hp evinrude, mine has tilt assist, I want power tilt and trim. Does anyone know where I could find one. Already looked all through Craigslist and other classifieds. Thanks hagen

river rat

I have several old boats and motors at my other house I will look Sat and see if I have one

silvertalon

You could also look for a used CMC jack plate trim unit. The PT 35 model will work for a 40. Better performance that way plus you can still use your tilt assist feature.

bullet02

Going to try and stay away from the cnc because I already have a jackplate, and from what I can tell the factory tilt and trim weights less than the cnc.

River rat, if you have one I would be interested, looking at the one on eBay I can buy a complete running 40 from Craigslist for 600

camaro88z

Cmc pt130 is what I would recommend. It is hard to find a good trim unit at a good price on the old omc 2 cylinder motors. If I am not wrong the pt35 is for 35hp and less. I use an pt130 on a 1983 evinrude 2 cylinder 60hp. It works great. It also give you setback which help the motor run in cleaner water anyway.

bullet02

Ok thanks I'll keep looking.

Like I said about the cmc,I already have a jackplate installed that I would like to keep, a new cmc 130 is over 600 new. I can buy a complete 50hp running with controls for 600-700. I'll just take my time and wait until I find one. If anyone else has any leads on one I am all ears but I'm not giving 600 just for a trim. Thanks guys.