What is the best reel for fishing?

MargaretPerry

I am new in fishing anyone can suggest me to buy best fishing reel or any good review about it?

JohnnyG

Depends on which type you’re using - baitcaster or spinning - and technique, bait, etc. But since you’re new just keep it simple until you progress and find your niche. I’d say for now stick with brands that are quality and have low, middle, and high end models. Shimano brand for spinning and Lew’s for baitcasting.

churly

Shimano. Period.

Donkbuster

I'm a Shimano for both spinning and baitcasting except for heavy duty, then I go with Lew's. Most of my reels are mid 100's to $200 and I've never had any second thoughts on any of them.

Gator

It would help if you would say what you plan to fish for and if you plan to use live or artificial bait.

elwestb

Shimano!

<font size="3">Gator - It would help if you would say what you plan to fish for and if you plan to use live or artificial bait.</font>
</p>

<font size="3">Can't agree more! Also, if using light lures (around 1/16 oz.), forget using a baitcaster. Spinning or spincast (push button) is your only option. Plus rod action will depend on lure weight/ type of fishing and is usually matched to the reel. Too large a reel on a light action rod doesn't make much sense nor using a small reel on a heavy action rod.
</font></p>

<font size="3">Gear ratio and spool diameter matters! I own reels costing between $20 - $80 and much of the time I can't tell the difference except reel drag is smoother on the more expensive reels. I've used Lew's, Abu Garcia, Shimano, Plueger, Daiwa and Zebco and have found spinning, baitcast and spincast reels from one or more of those companies that I still use after over 10 years.</font></p>

<font size="3">The only way to know which works best for you is to try one, but keep your receipt in case it doesn't do as well as expected.</font>
</p>

</p>

porthos33

If you want the best here you go!

Shimano BeastMaster Electric Reel - BM9000 - $1699.00 It holds a whopping 1800 yes of 50lb test

Shimano Reel Scorpion XT1000 From Japan - $3883.96 More traditional bait caster