what is the best fishing pole for beginners?

djsmarinelectronics

If you are a true beginner you are probably using a spinning rod but, whether your fishing with a spinning or a casting rod; 7’ Medium Heavy Fast tip rod is a great all around rod and a good place to start. Just my opinion, but you are in the right place to get plenty of other opinions.

Gator

I saw your other thread asking about the best reel. There are soooo many choices but YOU can narrow them down if you’ll tell us a couple things. Very simple too.
1. What kind of fish will you fish for? Bass, crappie, bluegill, catfish, etc.
2. Will you be using live bait or artificial?

Pop-R

Dick's has a flash sale today till 10:00 has several cheaper rod, reels and combo model's on sale. Academy advertised a fishing clearance sale in todays paper this weekend starting today. I went by during lunch and only saw the H20 frogs for $2.49 nothing else was really marked.

Fshn Cpa

I would recommend a shorter rod for a beginner. Maybe six feet. A spinning rod and reel or maybe a push button Zebco. Definitely watch the sales. This way you don't have a major investment in case it is not your thing. If you are going all in, stick with name brands,talk to the guys at Sportsmans Warehouse and they can lead you in the right direction. Same for tackle, they can show you the basics. Tight lines!!!

JEEPnFISH

If you never cast a spinning or baitcaster you couldn't go wrong with a Zebco 33 reel and a 6- 6 1/2 rod. Provided they still make them good. I wish I still had my Dads.