We lost a good one this morning!!

churly

Just thought I would pass along the news that Roy Dye Passed away this morning. For those who didnt know he was absolutely one of the best fisherman on this river for years! Roy had one of the longest tenures as a CBA officer of anyone in my lifetime. He was a great person to work with and I know I am not the only one who looked up to Roy. Ive missed having him around the past few years but I will always remember him as one of the best. I will post funeral arrangements, as soon as I find out.

churly

Just spoke with his grandson Drew and he asked if any one passes by his dock to be sure and wave or honk as they go by his dock to show his wife and family support. If you dont know where Roy Dye's dock is you havent been here long ( Its the second on the left going down river below Eagle bluff/ Harrison bluff)

Dropshot

Staff member
Hate to hear that. He was an awesome fisherman. Even more importantly, he was a good person.

churly

heres a pic of him and his grandson Drew with one of his many CBA victories

Attachments

• roy and drew.jfif
    12.5 KB · Views: 509
  • roy and drew2.jfif
    9.7 KB · Views: 361

elwestb

I got a call early this morning of the sad news. He was a keeper! RIP Roy!

TKbigbass

Thoughts and prayers for Roy's family. Roy Dye was one of the true fishing legends on Chickamauga lake and a great person.</p>

Every time I think of Roy I remember when I got my 1st check in a CBA tournament years ago. Roy called me over to write me a check and asked for my social security number. I said I guess that means I will have to pay taxes on my winnings. Roy looked at me real serious like and said, I know how you can keep from paying taxes on this money. I got real excited knowing that Roy was a tx veteran and very smart man that has won a lot of money fishing he must have found out a way to legally not pay taxes on tx winnings. I said that's great Roy, what do I need to do? Roy said, 'Give me the money and I will pay the taxes'. We both laughed and he handed me my check. RIP Roy</p>