Mercury 200 EFI HELP!!

I’m have trouble with the motor bogging coming out of the hole. It does it most when I first take it out and after I sit and fish an couple of hours.I changed the primer bulb. I check the normal stuff like fuel lines leaking and plug wires and I changed plugs. It is really frustrating. It will run great after it goes thru the problem of bogging and then it will pick up and go at full power . Just never know how long it will run rough before the motor stops bogging.

M GO BLUE

Sounds like something going on with timing-advance...trigger maybe? Great engines...I've had several of these engines and never had any issues with em, long as you send fuel injectors out for calibration/cleaning from time to time.

If you don't figure it out, give James Perry a shout (wrnechn2 on the forum)...he's a PRO on the 2.5's

M GO BLUE - 8/25/2018 11:29 AM

Sounds like something going on with timing-advance...trigger maybe? Great engines...I've had several of these engines and never had any issues with em, long as you send fuel injectors out for calibration/cleaning from time to time.

If you don't figure it out, give James Perry a shout (wrnechn2 on the forum)...he's a PRO on the 2.5's

Thank you!

Gator

If your gas line is old replace it too. They break down inside after a while. A cheap fix if that’s the problem and if not that probably will be the first thing your mechanic does anyway.

I replaced my gas line today it looked fine. I did notice a small gas leak on a line on the motor. Thought that was it but tried it same thing still happening. Got to looking and the leak was coming down on the ECU connection. So now I think I need to clean it and see if that is the problem.