Helix 10 y cable

Lx545

I have a helix 10 si first gen. I have xnt9di and a xhs 9 hdsi 180t ducers
hooked up with my helix 10 with a as sid b y splitter. My question is when I go to transducer select its not seeing the di transducer. I only have 83/200 sonar and the hd to select from. My sonar still sucks compared to my 7 up front at 455khz. Do I need the mega y cable to get the di ducer to read and give the 455khz?

djsmarinelectronics

No, look at the labels on your y-cable....one leg says "side/down imaging" the other says "dual beam". The intended purpose of this cable is for running a shoot thru the hull 2D sonar puck. You are simply selecting to read the 2D sonar off the XNT 9 DI transducer which is the 83/200

Lx545

Thanks Johnny. I will just put my pihranamax 4di on the console then to get the good di and sonar. Not optimal but my cheapest option at this point. I thought the splitter would give me the quality di.

Lx545

To clarify my helix 7di on the bow is a gen 2 with chirp. I love the way the sonar and di is crisp. I had the xnt 9 transducer around so I put it on thinking my helix 10 gen 1 could get a better sonar quality and on plane readings. Will I see any improvement with the xnt over the xhs in sonar and di?

djsmarinelectronics

No, the XHS transducer is a high definition transducer, actually the better of the two compared against the XNT. Your Helix 7 DI Gen 2 unit came with an xnt transducer; the difference you are seeing is in the DI is the G2, The difference you are seeing in the sonar is the CHIRP.

Lx545

Ok that makes sense then. Thanks for your help Johnny. Hate that I can't get the good imaging with the g1. It's not even remotely a close comparison on the sonar quality. I'll just put the y cable back on and enjoy my on plane readings then.