How is Guntersville?

Blue76

<div>thinking about heading down there.</div>

Anyone been recently how is the fishing?</p>

How is the grass? Last year at this point I had fished Guntersville about 8 or so times. This year. Zero...</p>

FishingwithRusty

how are the main river matts looking? they were sketchy(thin) at best for the snagproof

FishingwithRusty

Triton20xHarris - 9/12/2018 12:39 PM

They looked good to me the comer bridge area to goose pond area are fine

Thanks there were some fish in that Matt right off of Main River there just above Comer

dlsmith6

I have never fished on the Gunt. I have heard a black and blue jig is real good flipping or swimming. Is this a true statement?

Pop-R

Same as anywhere on that. Gerald Swindle lives down there and preaches black/blue or brown is all you need anywhere. All you ever heard was red rattle trap down there in Feb. & March but they bite them all.

dlsmith6 - 9/13/2018 11:32 AM

I have never fished on the Gunt. I have heard a black and blue jig is real good flipping or swimming. Is this a true statement?

That has to be true, black and blue jig is good all over the world

DesertDog

Tough right now. Mainly due to the conditions in my opinion. Just need some better weather a little temp drop,wind clouds.

Blue76

So... if I wanted to fish up around goose pond and a little up river from there... and... i wanted to fish down around marshal county/ seibold creek area... would it be better to fish one end then trailer down to the other end? My boat isn't a speed demon. Low 50s at best. Looking at maps it appears to be about 20 miles. I figure that is a 25 minute run... truck uses less fuel than the boat but it is also wasted time loading and launching. If water if rough my little boat will beat you to death on a long run.

Tn bullet

It’s not a bad run at all but Guntersville can get rough so my opinion would be run it and enjoy it unless bad weather then trailer it.

FishingwithRusty

Blue76 - 9/18/2018 11:48 PM

So... if I wanted to fish up around goose pond and a little up river from there... and... i wanted to fish down around marshal county/ seibold creek area... would it be better to fish one end then trailer down to the other end? My boat isn't a speed demon. Low 50s at best. Looking at maps it appears to be about 20 miles. I figure that is a 25 minute run... truck uses less fuel than the boat but it is also wasted time loading and launching. If water if rough my little boat will beat you to death on a long run.

just fun fishing? trailer. save the fuel($$$) and the risk of having to run back if weather comes in.

not uncommon for me to put the boat in and out 2-3 times in a day down there

Triton20xHarris

What rusty said.. that run from comer bridge to pine island area (waterfront) can get pretty rough at times when you get a south wind and some current

Blue76

Well. It was a struggle today at big G. Davi. Schoolers were everywhere and about 12” long.

Only managed two decent fish. We went from grass to ledges to creeks to flats. No pattern to be found for us.

Blue76 - 9/21/2018 8:09 PM

Well. It was a struggle today at big G. Davi. Schoolers were everywhere and about 12” long.

Only managed two decent fish. We went from grass to ledges to creeks to flats. No pattern to be found for us.

Two decent fish ain’t bad for a crowded lake